Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

HARRINGAY residents and transient motorists might like to view this sub-five-minute video shot this afternoon.

It's a time-lapse over 60 minutes (link below).

It features the foot of Hewitt Road from where motorists exit, but are not permitted to turn right.

Further along the street, a different camera – a Council-controlled camera – keeps an eagle eye out for unsuspecting motorists. It records the action more regularly and more determinedly than the footage you're about to see.

Watching the video:

• Keep your eyes on the lower right of the frame: each time a vehicle turns right into Green Lanes, the figure of £180* is displayed. [*in the first of the three videos below, that should have been rendered as £130 and mentioned £65 if advantage were taken of the quick-payment deal]
  • If you watch through to the end, a summary of the hour's activities and that hour's takings is displayed.
  • Finally, there's a Star-Wars-like listing of the locations in Haringey where such cameras are located. Enjoy.

Enjoy ?!

Thanks for the HD video and editing go to Paul Stork

New link to Video (on Vimeo)

Councillor

Highgate Ward

Liberal Democrat Party

Tags for Forum Posts: 60-mins, FPN, Fixed-Penalty-Notice, Hewitt, No-right-turn, Road, time-lapse, £130, £180, £65

Views: 3603

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HERE's a link to a new video shot earlier this afternoon ("no right turn wednesday 6th of august"). Again, one hour's worth. You'll wait for seemingly ages for the first ca-ching, then a lot come together. The total is 13 ca-chings for the hour.

Love the vids. But it would be much better if they slowed down the action when a car makes a right turn.

it would be much better if they slowed down the action when a car makes a right turn.

TW, in response to your comment, this fresh video was shot this afternoon over 60 minutes. I believe the total was 11 Ka-chings.

Much better. at 3.48 a red van does an illegal move right in front of a police van. I wonder if the police gave him right of way?

UPDATE: up until this morning, the camera used to keep an eye on the Green Lanes bus lane has been moonlighting to monitor the foot of Hewitt Road.

That camera is pole-mounted, near the northern end of the Gymnasium (photo on this page).

This morning (Thursday, 7 August), a second camera has been installed that appears to be dedicated to the Hewitt Road intersection. It may prove to be an excellent investment.

Well it's already paid for!

From time to time will that camera also spot the bag dumpers - residents, traders and others - who ignore the timed waste collection hours and leave waste on the pavements at any old time of day or night?  My own past experience doesn't make me hopeful. The street in the photos below, Chesnut Road N17, has a camera which catches drivers parking on double yellow lines. Apparently the "Stealth Bags" ™ © left on the pavement are completely undetectable.

Chesnut Road - dumping & litter

'I' is for Imitation - Chesnut Road

Can I ask you to spend less time making speculative claims and more time reading the Council Members Code of Conduct. I repeat if you have issues you wish to raise with the ward Cllrs please use the appropriate channels and identify facts before posting and speculating on motives.
Can I ask you to take spats between councillors offline?

Has the Dear Leader upgraded and improved the Council members' Code of Conduct?  As I recollect from my rapidly fading memories, it was all very simple.

• All councillors have the right to say baa-baa anywhere in Haringey.
  • The Dear Leader herds a few trusted councillors into a pen in River Park House where they are allowed to say "ba-aa ba-aa"  together.
  • At intervals councillors have the right to be shorn.
  • Senior longstanding councillors are allowed to wear a gold chain.

Alan although the Code of Conduct is I believe silent on the question of Ward Councillor casework (that can involve private and personal matters), my impression is that is unlikely (but not impossible) that a Councillor from one Ward would become involved in another Ward's casework.

I'm sure that from your 16 year's experience as a Council Member, you'd be able to advise a new Councillor on this point (as for traffic enforcement, these cameras exist at locations throughout our Borough).

When I was a councillor for Harringay ward I dealt with plenty of casework from other Tottenham wards where they had no libdem representation.  Some people simply don't want to deal with Labour councillors or else the cllrs in their wards had failed to deliver and they came to me and David.  I always happily helped and had no problems from officers over this.

I continue to get casework from residents in Harringay ward who simply know and trust us and know we will get things sorted out for them, we have enough experience and knowledge to know who to speak to and how to get things done - David and I may no longer be officially the ward councillors but really nothing has changed and it is business as usual.

If residents want libdem help that I can't deliver then I will refer to our colleagues in the west of the borough who are equally happy to help.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service