Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Can anyone confirm if this tweet picked up about the Oakdale Pub in Hermitage Road is correct?

If so, yet another Harringay pub bites the dust.

Tags for Forum Posts: pubs

Views: 344

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Me again, with an update.

So, the Oakdale had been told that November was a likely close date, however...
The builders have to give the Oakdale 3 months notice before they come and presumably demolish the place.
So far (as of 24/10), the Oakdale have not received any such notice.
Therefore I was told they would be open over Christmas, and I suppose potentially open until late January.

By my calculations, if the Oakdale don't receive notice by around February, the planning permission will expire before the builders can come to knock it down.
Thanks Richard. So still time for people to get round there and visit the pub. Hoping the builders run out of time...:)
North London CAMRA have been campaigning against the closure for about five years - planning consent was refused by the council, but overturned on appeal to the Minister. We believe that demolition must happen soon, or the planning permission to build a block of flats will expire . The latest news has been that the landlords have accepted the rent for November. For other pub closure news and campaigning, see our website at www.camra.org.uk
Thanks Ian, would be great if you can let us know from time to time about CAMRA's local news/ campaigning. Even just a quick link to the site when something comes up would be great. Meanwhile, fingers crossed for the survival of the Oakdale.
@ Gregg / Will

Whereabouts do you guys live?
Paulie, live on Dorset Road off West Green Rd... sssshhh, technically I'm outside the Harringay Online area... so probably should get lost... don't tell anyone... d'oh!

The Oakdale Arms will cease trading on Saturday March 19th 2011.

Very fond memories of the place, grew up in there during the 1980s. Must dig out some photos of those fun times.

I will be there on the 19th.

Sad news. We'd love to see the photos if you don't mind sharing.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service