Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi there

We are very happy to be about to move into a house in the area that has a garden. However, it also has a pond and we don't think this is safe as we have one little daughter and another on the way, so we wish to fill in our pond. However, when we looked at the place in the summer there were newts in the pond. What should I do with them? My husbands suggestion is to flush them down the loo, but this seems a little cruel. Does anyone fancy rehoming them? or giving us some advice?

Please help

Lizzy

Tags for Forum Posts: newts, pond

Views: 7481

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So, another Harringay vote for Boris?

I often thought that Ken and Gingrich would be good running-mates. 

I have newts in my compost heap on the allotment, toads in 'toad hall' in my back garden (its a black plastic bag surrounded by bricks, the toads love it as it attracts slugs and worms who hide underneath), and frogs in a large plastic box dug into the back garden. The box is so chock full of iris that there is not much room for water but I'm planning to put a sturdy grill over it for when my granddaughter comes to play, she loves to see the toads and frogs.

Please let me know how you do this 'sturdy grill' thing? We're moving from a flat and neither my husband and I know much about gardens. Would be nice to keep the pond in some way thats safe since they are so ecological.

Thanks

Lizzy

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service