Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

At Rail UK Forums, this posting with ensuing conversation:

Will Finsbury Barriers Work?

I have been watching the (slow) progress with barriers at Finsbury Park which are now at last starting to take shape (at least on platform 5/6). However I see two major problems with the idea and implementation:

1. As it is, peak times cause major blockages on the narrow platform stairs. I imagine it will cause havoc with just one (let alone 2) train load of passengers all trying to exit at the same time, only to be confronted with a barrier. Will this number of passengers on the platform and the crush not be dangerous? (Or likewise the opposite going up the stairs.)

2. I (and most of those I know) prefer to use FP due to the shorter connection to the tube compared to Kings X. That said I imagine there are those who do it to try an avoid the fare. In this case will those who really want to avoid the fare just not buy the cheapest ticket to open the barrier (presumably a FP-Kings X) and so still get away with it?

Surely the solution is to have more RPI not barriers.

Full thread here......

Views: 61

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

On Friday afternoon I used the train from Finsbury Park to come back to Hornsey. I got on the front carriage and as soon as the doors closed to leave a young man jumped up from the front, showed everyone his ID and proceeded to check our tickets. I was very impressed but by the time we got to Hornsey he'd only managed to process one scrounger who pleaded unemployment, gave him a Tottenham address and left in the direction of Crouch End. Very hard core, I wish they'd do more of that.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service