Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I went today by car - 6.5 miles and took about 25 minutes round trip. It really is in the middle of nowhere. They told me that the postmen now all have to drive vans to their rounds, which sounds most environmentally unfriendly.

Views: 493

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds quite speedy for the distance - I'm guessing not in rush hour? Was there anywhere free to park when you got there or did you have to find a meter?

I had two parcels delivered today (Saturday) at home which was great as we were in - perhaps the postmen are being more considerate about when they bring parcels round?

Went there by car the other day (getting lost several times).

The staff appear particularly unhappy at the move away from somewhere where they could at least nip out and get a sandwich or a coffee.  There: nothing, just isolation.

Also went there by bus. The number 4 from Finsbury Park goes there, but it does take a while. Also discovered the London Shaolin temple close by. Yes the same guy who was working at Arena was there and said he much preferred the old location. Might make me think twice about ordering stuff from Amazon!

@Bob - You should think twice about using Amazon anyway as they are set up to avoid paying tax anywhere as far as possible (the US government is trying to get $1.5billion out of them), while undercutting other businesses who do pay tax. This is unfair competition, which drives everyone else out  - soon we'll only have Amazon left to buy things from.

@MS As for the sorting office, yes - you can park there and I didn't go in rush hour.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service