Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Today the following notice appeared at the Wightman Road gate to the New River Path:

The contractor's man told me that repairs were needed on the bank just North of Hampden Road and they need to use the path just south of there to store/park/leave their materials while the work is in progress.

Tags for Forum Posts: new river path

Views: 416

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here are a couple of photos I took yesterday. The first shows a pontoon constructed behind the mosque. When I passed by the men seemed to be cutting out a length of the fence by Denmark Road.  The second photo shows some strange looking construction materials, I assume for bank reinforcement.

It looks to me as though they will be replacing the old wooden revetments that line the Eastern bank alongside the mosque site. I guess the pontoon is simply to allow the workers to cross over with the equipment and materials from the other bank where it is all stored.

Someone told me that fresh water crayfish get behind the rotting revetments and bore into the bank. That was a new one on me. I thought only voles and coypu (which we don't have around here) did damage of that sort.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service