Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi

For those who have missed the lovely Lavas  that closed sometime ago after a fire (http://www.harringayonline.com/forum/topics/criminal-damage-arson-at), leaving Westbury Arcade and Avenue looking very forlorn, a new restaurant has opened in it's place. I believe it's called The Garden Bistro (apologies if I have that wrong, they have no on-line profile to check) and they have bought a much needed cheery buzz to the street. I have been in for dinner and although they may not be quite up to Lavas standards yet, the service was great and food tasty -  I think they have potential and will definitely go back. They say they are a Mediterranean restaurant rather than Turkish and their menu reflects that with a mixture of Greek/Turkish/Italian dishes.   They opened a few weeks before Christmas and it never appears to be empty so fingers crossed they stay.

Hannah

Tags for Forum Posts: Lavas, restaurant, westbury avenue

Views: 264

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've had breakfast in there twice and it's been delicious, particularly the Ispankli Menemen (tomato, scrambled egg, spinach, onion, peppers and feta cheese!) .  The staff are very friendly and it's reasonably priced.  Definitely a welcome addition to the neighbourhood. 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service