Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi

For those who have missed the lovely Lavas  that closed sometime ago after a fire (http://www.harringayonline.com/forum/topics/criminal-damage-arson-at), leaving Westbury Arcade and Avenue looking very forlorn, a new restaurant has opened in it's place. I believe it's called The Garden Bistro (apologies if I have that wrong, they have no on-line profile to check) and they have bought a much needed cheery buzz to the street. I have been in for dinner and although they may not be quite up to Lavas standards yet, the service was great and food tasty -  I think they have potential and will definitely go back. They say they are a Mediterranean restaurant rather than Turkish and their menu reflects that with a mixture of Greek/Turkish/Italian dishes.   They opened a few weeks before Christmas and it never appears to be empty so fingers crossed they stay.

Hannah

Tags for Forum Posts: Lavas, restaurant, westbury avenue

Views: 308

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've had breakfast in there twice and it's been delicious, particularly the Ispankli Menemen (tomato, scrambled egg, spinach, onion, peppers and feta cheese!) .  The staff are very friendly and it's reasonably priced.  Definitely a welcome addition to the neighbourhood. 

RSS

Advertising

© 2026   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service