Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Dear Harringay residents and forumites,

We are pleased to announce, opening a new Polish restaurant in
Harringey's High Street. Located in old Greek restaurant "Nafsikas Tavern"
at 499 Green Lanes, next to Yasar Halim shop and bakery.

Refurbishments project has started this week and are expected to finnish in few months.

We will update you with more details and when its ready to open.

We think it will be a new great addition to the neighborhood,
and we hope we will not dissapoint you.

Kind Regards
Aga

Tags for Forum Posts: autograf, autograf grill

Views: 3104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

and our menu...

Menu looks good but being charged for sauce is a big pet hate of mine.

Thank you Phil

Was very excited about this, am a big fan of the original Autograf and this one is both closer and bigger. We actually decided to go to the original Autograf after seeing the menu and had our minds set on Hunter's Stew, but it was full so we turned back and tried the new place.

The restaurant is nicely decorated in slightly rustic theme, a lot of tables for two and also a good outdoors area.

There was nothing wrong with the food but in the end of the day, we're going to continue to go to the original one because we're more excited by the food on that menu. The best stuff in the new one is in the entries section.

On another note, it might be good to clarify the "baked potatoes" entry on the menu, we expected something else than oven fried potatoes, nothing wrong with it, just wasn't baked potatoes.

We were very keen to try as soon as possible. The restaurant was very nicely finished and we had a great table in the lower section. While it would have been nice to have a few more Polish specialities on the menu ( eg schabowy) what was available looked good and our selections of soup and cheese starters, pork loin (slightly on the dry side) pork skewer mains and cheesecake and apple pie deserts were very rewarding. Nice coffee too! We are hoping for the return of warmer weather so we can pay another visit to try out the terrace (! ) but I'm sure will be back soon anyway..Shame we forgot to mention Harringay claim our 10% discount ;-(.

I went this evening to try the burgers (it being national burger day and all). A bit dubious getting a burger from a Polish restaurant but very pleasantly surprised. The meat was really well seasoned, good buns, lots of pickles. The fries were good and I liked the home made salsa to go with them. My only small complaint was the patty was cooked well done, when I go next time (and there will be a next time!) I will ask them if they can cook it medium/medium rare. 

My husband had the pork ribs and they were really good too, along with the celery salad that came with. 

Great addition to the lanes and I look forward to trying your other dishes.

Thank you everyone for review and all suggestions.

doesn't sound like the food options you & your wife selected are very polish, more 'international' :) sounds yummy though!

When I spoke with Tomas, he told me that the Autograf on W Green Road is a pure Polish restaurant. With the Harringay one, they wanted something with a wider appeal. So they went for a grill with a Polish twist.

We went on the first weekend it was open (bit slow commenting on here, sorry!). Food was excellent: hubby went for pork neck and chips which was really delicious with a great celery (I think) salad. In the spirit of trying out as much of the menu as possible in one sitting, I went for two starters instead of a main: pierogi and the Polish sausage and both were yummy, washed down with a pint of Pilsner Urquell. No room for pudding!

Congrats to Tomas and team for creating such a great place. We will definitely be back - my only feedback would be that I would like to see maybe one more typical Polish main on the menu rather than just as a starter option.

The Greek has closed!??!!! 

Devastated.  Had only been in there once,  but it was fantastically .. old-school

You mean Nafsika's right?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service