Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I know this doesn't effect everyone but since the collection depot closed at the harringay arena, I have to go to a remote industrial estate beyond the holloway road to collect parcels. It isn't served by a bus and is hugely inconvenient.

Most of the rest of the ladder addresses collect their undelivered parcels from the post office on green lanes.

Does anyone know if this is to be a permanent inconvenience? I hope not .

Can anything be done? I have written to the post office about it

Tags for Forum Posts: local sorting offices

Views: 1895

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Argh! Thank you. They couldn't make it harder really!

Yes, that would make very good business sense for a shop that is open long hours like the newsagent. Although from my experience you can only arrange for something to be redelivered by the Royal Mail to the same postcode area - which will be a pain for many as we're on the N4/N8 boundary.

It's interesting how many more shops are doing variants of this now - Argos now receive things you buy on ebay, you can order at John Lewis online and pick up from Waitrose etc. I've also noticed boxes up on Turnpike Lane where you can have things delivered (just noticed in passing, no idea how they work).

I've had a long email exchange with Royal Mail about why I can't have my parcel delivered to the PO on Warham/Green Lanes and just get gobbledygook back - eg:

"May I explain that when your local delivery office receives an item they will only deal with certain post code areas, as you live in N8 this is dealt with by Hornsey delivery office on Tottenham lane. If the post office is in N4 it is served by Finsbury Park delivery office. Regrettably we cannot transfer items between delivery office and your item can only be delivered by Hornsey in the area they serve. There are post offices in the N8 that can receive your item at your request."

What I was trying to find out was why, if everything for N4 and N8 ends up at the depot in N19, my parcel can't go to the same PO as someone who lives on the next street (but in N4 and not N8). I'm still not clear.

Why on earth would they deliver it to the post office practically at the end of your road, when they can drive it all the way to a depot in another borough and then charge you to have it redelivered to another post office that you can't get to, causing several days of unnecessary delay, expense and inconvenience?

I was in the flat the other week when I heard the letterbox and went into the hallway to find the red card saying my parcel was being taken to N19. No knock at the door or ring of the doorbell. I went out to try to catch the postman but saw him driving off. I'm not convinced he even had the parcel with him. I went to N19 two days later and the parcel wasn't there so I decided to have it delivered to Green Lanes post office which is two minutes from my flat, rather than have to go to N19 again. I waited the required two days to go pick it up (this was on a Friday) and it wasn't there, nor was it there Saturday or Monday. I eventually picked it up on the Tuesday, over a week after it should have been delivered to me.

Often they really don 't have your parcel on board to deliver.

The new collection office is soooooopoo inconvenient

It would be great business if they could be dropped with the local pub (Salisbury Tavern), everyone wins..... Parcel readily available, pub gets business & collection becomes a social event
Good idea in theory but nightmare for them in practice.

If you know Royal Mail is used as a courier by a business you're buying from, wonder if its worth seeing if you can get it delivered to the Harringay PO. It looks like it should be attractive for the sending company. The RM website says:

Compared to our full prices, you can take advantage of the following online discounts if you choose one of our convenience options, with a minimum of:

• £1 off if you drop your parcel off at a local Post Office
  • £1.50 off if you drop your parcel off at one of our depots
  • £1 off if you choose for your recipient to pick up their parcel from a Post Office
  • £1.50 off if you choose for your recipient to pick up from one of our depots

So choose to drop off your item at a Post Office and have it delivered to a Post Office and you will receive at least £2 off our full price, or choose to drop off your item at one of our depots and have it delivered to one of our depots and you will receive at least £3 off our full price.

Worth someone finding out if this would work as an option.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service