Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

We're hearing rumours that a new organic cafe/deli may be opening in the former dry cleaners on Wightman Road near Harringay Station.

That would be nice wouldn't it.

Tags for Forum Posts: Wightman Road, moka, wightman deli

Views: 408

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Now that the full planning permission has come through (9/11) the MOKA DELI should be a reality soon.
Kevin of Burgoyne Road has advertised what will eventually be on offer:

Deli Counter - Coffee - Fresh Juice - Lunch - Brunch - Dinner
Courtyard Garden : Homemade Cakes - Homemade Tarts - Breads

Our Philosophy: 'Simplicity and Unfussiness; fresh dishes that look great, taste amazing and are pretty healthy too'

Paul may be able to scan and upload the flyer - or perhaps we should wait till there are more sign of progress at 5 Wightman.

No, Mrs McFly and Kayser - the delicately scented newsagents will continue as now at No.7. True, the Newsagents was at No.5 years ago with the family's Off-Licence at No.7. When they merged, No.5 became an Impress Dry Cleaning outlet for a while before closing and hanging on to Caroline's dry cleaning.

I dropped a careful hint to the Morning Brother a year or two ago that divers acquaintances of mine were turning up their noses at the Afternoon Brother's German Shepherd's presence, bouquet and demeanour. Unfortunately, while Morning Brother does all the more active work of stocking and stacking etc, I think Afternoon Brother calls the shots.
Good news is: German Shepherds & Alsatians seem to have an average life expectancy of about 9 years. I reckon that's soon up. A.B may source a less smelly replacement.
I have asked once about dog age. Dont remeber the answer but It was really rather young one :-)... you have event nicknameas for Brothers taht's cool. I have to tell my flatmates :-)
Have just seen said dog for the first time - it's enormous!!  But still alive and kicking, clearly.  Couldn't see Afternoon Brother to start with and the dog was sitting where the guy normally sits, which made it look like AB had left the dog in charge!
sounds great as im on whightman rd, wonder if they would stock my natural handmade soaps,candles and bath salts
Are they edible?
not tecnicaly however all natural and organic may foam at the mouth slightly may start doing home delivery local of products. started making throat sweets and basic 1st aid remedies
Yes it would be good. Strange location though - that's the Turnpike Lane end yes, by the big crossroads?
Not a strange location at all as it's as far south of Turnpike Lane as you could wish. Next to La Vina Tapas.
Jo: yes its open today from 12 to 14:00 every Friday and I will patronise it. Recommended!
The shop with the surly guy and the dog were once featured on one of those TV programmes where they show CCTV footage of crimes . The guy was being held up by a robber and the dog jumped went crazy and jumped over the counter and chased him away.

No sign of it yet. I miss proper croissants..

Tried the Danube bakery on the high street. They seem to think folding white bread dough into a knot = croissant (hey I'm half-French, it's my right to be offended)

Not local, but if you're really gasping, try Patisserie Valerie in Soho - pretty good.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service