Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Spotted this outside the new Finsbury Park M&S the other day

Views: 2075

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What is it? To what does it refer?

So on the window of the new Finsbury Park M&S at City North there are some decals with names of localish “attractions”… including a “Haringay House”, which probably doesn’t exist. 

The article says it's a 5 minute walk from Finsbury Park station when it's opposite one of the station exits....

I love how they’ve got the Caledonian clock tower on there… which is in the middle of a council estate… and the Paradise Bridge, which is the functional but rather insignificant footbridge in Clissold Park 

has a good name though!

Thanks. Very odd. Of course Harringay House did exist, but was demolished 140 years ago. Can they really have made such a boob?

It’s poorly researched marketing spiel done by someone who hasn’t ever been to N4… to help the developers flog those awful flats in Asia (as is the reason the M&S is there)

there’s another M&S supposedly opening on Green Lanes where the post office used to be, to help the developers flog those awful flats to Asia where the shirt place used to be. The merest whiff of an M&S nearby makes these properties more appealing to those markets

That’s probably about the size of it. I’d heard a rumour about an M&S in Harringay, but thought it couldn’t be true. Can I ask where you heard it from?

Hugh do you know what's going to be below the new block opp Allison / Beresford

I believe the developers originally claimed it was going to be a medical centre but I don't know if that's still the case.

You could get nice big M&S / Waitrose in there (not that I'm a fan when we've got plenty of great shops on the street.)

I heard my surgery (West Green Surgery) was moving to Green Lanes, but haven't heard anything recently

It's still in the website but it looks a bit out of date.

https://www.westgreensurgery.co.uk/

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service