Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Just wondering whether anyone has noticed these new flights over Tottenham - I am east of Downhills Park and they are since the beginning of July at least a very regular feature. We never had such flights before (only the occasional helicopters).
The flights are extremely low (one can clearly distringuish the different parts of the plane) creating a daily noise disturbance over my property and no doubt over many others in Tottenham. They start very early in the morning (around 5am if not earlier) and can carry on late at night too, sometimes within seconds of each other, sometimes a few minutes apart.  Initially I thought these were some sorts of flight exercise but they have been on-going now for over 4 months. They fly on a diagonal over my road (Kitchener Road) from Wood Green going towards Hackney, pass Downhills Park or Lordship Lane. This is causing me some distress as the noise is constant. 
Does anyone have an idea of where the flights are coming from? going to?  I would like to lodge an official complaint to the airport authorities.
Do you know of any other actions that we can do to get this stopping?
thank you in advance,
sophiag_c

Tags for Forum Posts: aircraft noise, flight paths

Views: 1949

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Bethany, I will let you know!

For all you nervous rung-dwellers, if you can manage to avoid the four migrant flights currently (19.45GMT) winging their way out of Accra and Lagos or heading for Abuja, there is total flight-free lebensraum stretching from mid-Morocco to damn near South Africa. Either move south or stop whinging.

The flight paths depend on the weather and which way the wind is blowing.

I live in Woodstock Rd and my house overlooks Finsbury Park which means I have a far horizon not obscured by buildings. In the summer, if I sit outside, to my left I see planes heading east. I see them fly over Hackney, then turn and pass me on my right heading west towards Heathrow. I have counted 27 in one minute and can sit here and see 7-8 planes one after the other doing the circuit. They are descending for the final approach with liberal use of the throttles. We often have to wait until a plane has passed before we can talk without raising our voices.

The AA tell me that there is no flight path over here. Must be UFO's then.

I've certainly noticed more loud planes in the middle of the night. I live a bit west of you.

I don't know what all the fuss is about, check out what has parked itself next to the Seven Sisters Road and railway lines!!??!! How did they do that? (The link should centre itself on the Seven Sisters Road A503/A10.)

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=tottenham+map&ll=51.58102,-0.0...

Been spotted on here Renato. Have you heard of the ufo that crashed Harringay way recently ...

Wow what fun the flightradar is!  But also how terrifying to see all that plane traffic clustered and near missing above our heads.  

I do wish they'd let Boris have his estuary airport, it seems crazy to have a major hub at Heathrow, so that everyone flies across London or around London to get there.  It makes more sense if they get stop the planes outside London and transfer to trains.

When they were originally looking at a 'London Airport' after the war there was a very real suggestion that it be sighted in Hyde Park...

Instead, the old Hurricane base was used, and (as is the way) T2 was ready and in use before T1!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service