Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

New brand identity strategy for Haringey

"I am in"

Discuss.

CDC
Haringey Councillor
Liberal Democrat Party

---

update to mark the 'soft launch' (click to enlarge):—

The £20,000 film, The Haringey Story

Tags for Forum Posts: I am in, Local Government, brand strategy, folly, identity, nonsense, vanity, waste of money

Views: 9389

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

IF WE set aside the merits of the aesthetics (that have been widely commented on) then I believe there are three points here:

1. The wide quoted figure of £86,000 was probably an under-estimate even at the time (September). When all the bills come in, I believe the true total figure will be much more than that. The makeover of the website alone probably cost something of that order, although that will have included other changes.
  2. If for the sake of argument, the total cost was say, £150,000, would it not have been better to see that sum spent on reducing the severity of cuts to adult social services such as autism and dementia care?
  3. I agree the old logo was ugly and awful and needed replacing at some point, but this should surely not be a priority, especially at a time of cuts to front-line services. A better time to do it would be when the Borough had more money available.

Why did they not ask the borough's school children to submit designs and turn it into an art competition (leading to exhibition)?

£86k for this terrible exercise, £250k in the form of a "soft loan" to ChickenT0wn, £millions lost on the Icelandic/Tech Fresh adventures and HR bungles relating to employment dismissals, failure to meet targets for Council Tax collection, Haringey People - we could go on. The point is that it all adds up....

Are the numbers still the same Justin? The Evening Standard report you linked to is from March 2013.

" Since then too often Haringey has been seen as a Council that delivers services, over the people and place those services are designed to support. "

And this means ?

I would hope that it means that Haringey is seen as a local authority which will deliver services people want, when they want them, rather than when Haringay thinks they should have them, but for a communications company (who I assume wrote this) their grasp of plain English is questionable. Anyway, I don't see how a logo will change that perception. Simply doing it is enough for me.

But " too often " to me sounds like they think it's a bad thing.

Or do they mean " since then, too, often Haringey .... " 

No, it still reads as nonsense .

There is no such place called, "Haringay" :)

Since then too often Haringey has been seen as a Council that delivers services, over the people and place those services are designed to support. 

John, I'm sorry but I'm unable to make sense of this or to translate the message for you. It's one for the boffins at GCHQ I'm afraid.

(I'd would have thought it a good thing if the Council were seen to deliver services, but I'm just old fashioned).

What exactly is it that we're supposed to be "in"?

More to the point, what is the Labour group already in, which can be mentioned in polite company?

As for the logo, perhaps it is to be a triangular prism or pentahedron, which they might call the Koblerone.

David Schmitz

Lib Dem former councillor

Deep what? Or would that be another £15K?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service