Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

NETWORK RAIL TREE DESTRUCTION BEGINS.

Ally Pally-Finsbury Pk for 2.5miles.

We went down to Hornsey/Ally Pally stations along the New River path where they've started the clear cutting - they're chopping all trees to ground & using eco plugs (gysophate), chipping everything. Where's the 'respectful balance' Network Rail promise between nature & the track?

The New River residents association are furious - had been told the trees were not going to be chopped down but cut back.

Haringey Tree Protectors

haringeytreeprotectors.co.uk

Twitter: @justplanenews Insta @haringey_tree_ protectors

Facebook: Haringey Tree Protectors 

People to write to:

neil.strong@networkrail.co.uk ecology strategy lead

Paul Rutter (Route Director East Coast) Paul.Rutter@networkrail.co.uk

Site vegetation manager John Keeley John.keeley@networkrail.co.uk

Head of press Charlotte Harries Charlotte.Harries@networkrail.co.uk

Regional MD Ellie Burrows Ellie.Burrows@networkrail.co.uk

Network Rail Eastern Region Jake Kelly Jake.Kelly@networkrail.co.uk

CEO Network Rail Andrew Haines Andrew.Haines@networkrail.co.uk

MP catherine.west.mp@parliament.uk

mike.hakata@haringey.gov.uk

Tree council - info@treecouncil.org.uk

Contact ward councillors too

Views: 761

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How about you do this?  I am pretty busy. There are many planting programmes already. We are all about protecting what we have. Every mature tree counts.

It is very hard to estimate how many London trees we have, as they are incrementally cutting them all down. There are no solid figures as LAs are not obliged to keep them. Mature trees are much much more valuable than planting new younger trees - which only live for an average of 13 years and sometimes don't survive. It's like replacing a mansion with a caravan. The mature trees are the ones we need to protect as they are hold and sequester more carbon.

I would love to hear what the council say as to your suggestion - you have so many excellent ideas so please do take action.

I, for one, agree with you Ms Iozzi and applaud those like you who try to save our mature trees. Well done and thank you.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service