Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Murder Investigation Launched after Body Found in Finsbury Park

Following the discovery of a body at the edge of the old cricket pitch in Finsbury Park, the Metropolitan Police have concluded that a person died in suspicious circumstances and have launched a murder inquiry.

The police believe that the young woman who was found died on Christmas Eve. The body was relatively well hidden by the old equipment hut so it remained hidden until today.

While the surrounding 'scene' is  searched for any possible evidence, the whole American Gardens section of the park is closed including the Endymion Road entrance along with the one next to the old cricket pitch on Green Lanes. 

Views: 11768

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why yes I have! I could become a magistrate.

This is not aimed at anyone but can people stop speculating about what may have happened. This young woman was local and friends of hers could well be HoL members who are seeing this thread

I'd also like to acknowledge that four young men were killed over the night of NYE in separate incidents, and not so much attention has been paid to those deaths - each an individual tragedy for family and friends. Sadly, violent stabbings of young men seem to have become so common that they are almost ignored.

I've been thinking that too... but they're probably being subtly victim blamed... "hanging out with the wrong crowd". Boys just don't have much choice in some parts of London.

Someone actually said something like that to me today! That the poor girl wasn't doing anything she shouldn't - the implication being that the boys probably were. Young men are very vulnerable to attack, often just for being in the wrong area.

See what happens when you let people build more than four stories high? Balconies are the problem, killing the partners of men, sometimes more than once (but not the same balcony you understand).

John, I’ll probably get banned or censored at least for saying this but I really think it’s high time you wound your neck in. 

One minute you’re blaming the 29 bus and the next minute you’re blaming men. But you don’t know the killer was on the bus and you don’t know it was a man. This is a serious subject and you’re turning it into another opportunity for a personal rant. So as a personal appeal from one HoLer to another - please, give it a rest. 

A man has been arrested. I don't think I've ever asked you to pull your head in but if I have, I'm sorry.

Yes!

The difference between this and the others killed around the same time, is that this happened in our neck of the woods. So where’s the other deaths made me feel sad particularly for those left behind, this feels so much more real. For someone who either cycles or runs round the park everyday, this is our park. Seeing all those police in there for days on end, the beautiful flowers and tributes, gave the girl an identity and a life. Clearly it would be unhelpful to feel this every time someone was killed, and you would be better off staying in bed with the curtains drawn

Well said.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service