Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

This from one of our Stroud Green members:

As there are a lot of us over this side of the railway who log on to Harringay Online with varying frequency, might it be possible to flag this up?

A chance conversation with an official from the Highways Department this morning has revealed that Mount View Road will NOT be resurfaced beginning this Friday according to the leaflet sent round last week.

We may get another letter with revised dates if they get round to sending it out tomorrow!

I spoke this morning to Hari Poudel who is co-ordinating the resurfacing programme. The work is now scheduled for Thursday and Friday of NEXT week, 29/30 April, and will cover Mount View Road from Chettle Court to Oakfield Road, and from Oakfield Road to the mini roundabout. The section from the mini roundabout to Ferme Park Road is not included this time.

The W5 will be on diversion, which probably means it will not go round the library/station loop.

The contractors will also be resurfacing from Ferme Park Road to the Islington boundary (just past Video Court).

If, like me, you are wondering where we are supposed to repark 150-200 cars during this period, you might like to lobby Council officials and our councillors to have the CPZs in adjacent streets suspended for the duration of the works.

Views: 94

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

With regard to the suspension of nearby CPZ's, it might be worth reading this thread. Gary Weston said they're keen to learn lessons from the recent experience in Hewitt/Allison/Warham!
'Keen to learn lessons'. I'm very glad to hear it! As I've written before, there are thoughtful staff within the Parking Service. And in recent months there have been genuine attempts to be more reasonable and flexible.

(For the record, I stand by all my previous criticisms, which are still online. And will stay until I'm certain there has been a complete change of culture in the Parking Service.)

Can I also raise a point which I don't think has been mentioned. There is a real problem of resurfacing a road - especially as an emergency - if people either ignore or don't see notices, signs, and letters.

I know people go away on holiday. But perhaps someone else can have the car keys? To keep an eye on the car in case it's broken into, damaged, or has to be moved?

I also wonder if at some point we will start to question the transformation of the three-lane streets where many of us live, into parking lots with a single lane down the centre.

Labour councillor & candidate Tottenham Hale ward.
I also wonder if at some point we will start to question the transformation of the three-lane streets where many of us live, into parking lots with a single lane down the centre.

Not while the council make all that money out of allowing cars to park in that carpark. What was supposed to be tax to discourage us from parking in the street has turned into a not insignificant source of revenue.
Alan, do you know who I could contact to find out about any further plans for resurfacing roads on the ladder ? I will be away for a few weeks over the summer & would therefore miss any notices posted through the letter box

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service