Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Meeting to discuss speed/weight/noise problems on Ladder & Wightman Roads

Hi,

A few of us on this thread are trying to organise a meeting to discuss what can be done to reduce the problems with traffic on the Ladder roads as well as Wightman Road.

There was a suggestion for meeting one evening in the first week of May.  This will just be an initial meeting to discuss ideas and to try and establish how many people are affected and to what degree.

If you are interested in attending please send me a message or post here and we'll see how much interest there is.

Daniel.

Tags for Forum Posts: 7.5t, hgv, noise, traffic, wightman road

Views: 1966

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,

Thanks to all those that attended on Tuesday. It was nice to see such a good turn out (12) at the first meeting.

For those that weren't able to attended it was quite an informal affair (my Chairman skills need sharpening up).

The main issues that we discussed were as follows;

1, Previous attempts at action with the Council and Councillors.

2, 7.5 tonne enforcement.

3, Excessive speed and speed humps.

4, Effect on residents of heavy goods vehicles and speeding cars.  

5, Possible solutions.  Width restrictions, removing bumps, cameras, residents self enforcement etc.

6, How to move forward.  Forming a residents committee, surveying all residents on the ladder & Wightman road.

7, Future meeting venue.

It was decided that a future meeting should have a strict agenda with the intention of having an initial targeted campaign on one issue.

If anyone can suggest a suitable quiet venue I'd be grateful as my local knowledge is limited.

Hi,

Any suggestions for a venue so we can start organising another meeting?

Daniel

Hi Daniel, PM me. Cheers, matt

The Ladder Bar usually works for PM meetings.

Sorry to have missed the meeting, I must have missed the date.

Cllr Schmitz and I are contining to work on all these issues.  I have asked for a meeting with council officers and the lead member to discuss solutions so as far as we are concerned it is a very much a work in progress which we are determined to resolve for residents.

Please keep me in the loop with things your end - I am very happy to attend future meetings either in my capacity as councillor or a ladder resident.

any updates?

The Langam is struggling, so they would be delighted for you to meet
there, Harringay Traders have met there in the past.

Hi,

Everyone.  Sorry I have been away a lot with work.

Where is the Langham?

Daniel.

Okay, I will try and pop in to ask them this week and will let you all know.

Daniel.

My apologies for having overlooked this posting.

Of course, I'd be happy to come to future meetings as well. In addition, I'd be happy to speak to the management of the Langham. I've been a member, and wish to renew, so I'll be in touch with them anyway.

Please let me know if I can help.

David Schmitz

Liberal Democrat Councillor for Harringay Ward

david.schmitz@haringey.gov.uk

07854 002742

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service