Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Change of use from steel yard (at the Railway Approach on Hampden Rd) to residential and construction of a new building to create 80 new private and affordable apartments and two commercial units.

More details here.

Comments accepted until June.

It will be a very busy part of Harringay what with the railway yard, the mosque and this proposed 80 apartment development.

Tags for Forum Posts: hampden road, hampden road development

Views: 4128

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Then let the council know. I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth and encourage everyone to view the plans and comment themselves...

You just access the page and there's a button to click to leave your comment... it's an autogenerated email and then it gets PDF'd and attached to the planning application. There's also a tick box asking you if you support or oppose it...

thanks

Yep is is on my to-do list.  The letter is on my desk and once deadline stuff is out of the way I shall put in my response.

Have amended re comment deadline, within the post above. Thanks for the update. Thought as much re the architects!

Worth seeing if David Lammy might be interested in getting involved.

Wow it really is huge this development.  At 9 levels including the ground floor at the top of a hill it will be towering over all of us.  A development is fine but this is just too big.  I have posted my objections.

I thought I have posted my objections.  Anyone else had problems with that?  I did it on Thursday but they are still not posted.

Comments don't get posted in real time. They go through an approval process prior to publication.

Thanks.  I did it on 26 April so maybe it will be there today.  I certainly don't think I said anything which should stop it from being published.

With regards to commenting on this development, it may be worth looking at a comment I've just added to AxP's other post on this topic.

AxP are you gong to craft a reply on this? Could it be something that those of us who are interested can cosign?

Hugh so sorry to have gone off grid... I sat and wrote a rather lengthy response late one night at work. I did use the points you had pulled out from the planning guidance. I'm just trying to catch up on this issue... I could share my response and thought of doing so but it's quality was a little lacking from having such a long day... I'll check it's even up there.

My main args were pulling out: 

 It does not represent good design

 It does not take account of local characteristics

 It would represent a worsening in the quality of life for existing and new residents

My args were then multi-stranded under each heading...

One thing I have been thinking about - In Hugh's guidance it does point out that Crouch end, Highgate and Muswell Hill being essentially protected from developments like this because they're 'of historical significance and unique character.' (ok there's the money thing however they dress it up). Having reviewed the comments this morning it does rather strike me that residents are concerned about 'poorer' parts of the borough having to shoulder the burden of the extra housing.

It would be great if residents could get Hornsey similarly 'protected' as being of cultural/ historical significance - ok we've got a little less money in these here parts but the heritage is very strong - the pub (GNRT), the sign to the Refrigerator works next to it, the disused post office (ok that fact that it is disused is not positive in this arg!), the church and the character of Hornsey High Street. This would be a great little campaign for a councillor and very much in the spirit of Hornsey's recognition and upward mobility as an area in its own right.

Shame about the railway shed I remember that coming up when I was about to buy my flat... 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service