This year’s Big Lunch will take place on June 5th and Haringey's Green Team are looking for a local community leader to act as a local ‘Street Party Champion’.
All London boroughs have received letters from Boris Johnson asking for nominations for a local champion who will receive support from The Big lunch organisers.
Looking for someone who:
- Understands the Big Lunch concept and believe in its cause
- Be able to offer some time between Feb and June 2011 for local press work-interviews, photo calls etc
- Be willing to attend civic receptions and co-ordinate a local campaign and promote the initiative locally
- Be willing to attend a Big Lunch in their borough on Sunday 5th June
- Be happy for The Big Lunch press office to cite them as an ambassador in the media
Haringey have to let the Mayor of London’s office know next week so if you are interested could you please let Adam Parvez know by the end of Tuesday 1st February
If you have any questions feel free to get in touch with Adam Parvez - Environmental Resources Officer (Sustainable Food)
Tel: 020 8489 5691 | Fax: 020 8489 4500