Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

London 2012 - which building should go on Haringey's pin badge design?

Alexandra Palace, Hornsey Town Hall or Bruce Castle.

If you had to choose, which one would you say was your favourite?

London2012 are asking you to choose one of these three Haringey landmarks to go on a pin badge celebrating the Olympics. You can vote here

(note requires registration first)

Tags for Forum Posts: olympics, olympics 2012

Views: 896

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have to agree Ally Pally gets my vote everytime. I spent a lot of time here as a child, and I spent a lot of time here with my child. We still spend time here together, even at 16 (him, not me) and I hope he spends time here with his children.

For me, it is the London skyline... I am reminded of this everytime I have a potential purchaser in the car (often from out of town) and the view of Alexandra Palace hits them. It's great for conversation, and it's great for the area.

I remember putting two pence pieces in the binocular machine thingy, admiring the view looking out, now i've grown up, I realise the 'real view' is what the rest of london sees. As the old saying nearly goes 'One persons view, is another persons viewpoint'.

Ally Pally – and the pre-war, BBC TV broadcast history – is now excised from our identity rebranding this week. Here's the new staff pin-badge.

By some, it's seen as hip, cool, fashionable … and by the same token, it'll be out-of-date in due course.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months

—Oscar Wilde

CDC
Haringey Councillor
Liberal Democrat Party

The results of the vote on this are in and happily the Haringey symbol that will be one of the Olympic pin badges is Ally Pally
Full list here
Quite right too! Thanks for letting us know Liz

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service