Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

What sort of cock up have the LDs managed to make that they can't oust the worst council in London, the 4th worst in the country. The council that employed Sharon Shoosmith, that has mismanaged Ally Pally almost to destruction, that is fouling up the "renaissance" of Hornsey Town Hall, that reports to the government that entered an illegal war, that has "invested" so inappropriately we might lose the Whittington, that has destroyed the pensions system, sold our gold reserves, has an unelected PM who even now refuses to stand down.
Crikey!!!!!

Tags for Forum Posts: 2010 local elections, Crouch, End, disgusted, labour, libdem, of, snafu

Views: 205

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Judging by the amount of literature coming through my post box, X + E = lots of trees cut down, whereas T +O+R+I+E+S = Greener than the Green Party
Lol!
I'm not yet living there but I was hoping for another result, too. In my opinion, LibDems would have been the better choice for all of you. I'm sorry it didn't work out. Really sorry.
Stay tuned. You'll be the first to hear.

Could Labour have done so well in the East and central spine marginal wards because their vote was mobilised by the General election perhaps?
Straight tickets question a great one. And yes the majority do. My understanding is that one of the reasons that Harringay is taking so long is that we had a particularly high number of split votes. This needs verifying and I'm on the trail.
Split votes are fascinating. It would be very interesting to do some research on this. Why do people split their votes and where in the borough do they live? I have the gut feeling that in Tottenham people are much more likely to vote along party lines but in the west I think there have been a lot of split votes and people were voting for particular councillors or particular issues. Can this sort of research be done?
I split my vote in Tottenham Green. Isidoris Diakides earned my vote, the other two Labour Party members have not (yet). I went with my heart-politics which is Green, for the other two. Better would be a system allowing for second choices to be recorded. But then we'd still be here this time next week waiting for results.
I split my local vote (Harringay Ward) between Lib Dem and Labour - one LD and 2 Lab - trying to use what I knew from sites such as HoL about people's local involvement with the ward and my own experiences when walking about Harringay.

When I vote in a local election I try to ignore party lines and go for who seems to be doing things for constituents - Labour's constant election literature telling me to use 'all 4 votes for Labour' annoyed the hell out of me to be honest.

I think I also had what Michelle said about not being convinced that the Lib Dems had much of a plan for the poorer parts of the borough in the back of my mind too. Interesting to know if others in the ward also split their votes.
When voting for local politicians it matters 100% that they live within the community. I prefer to vote for candidates that I think will bring positive change to our area. On that basis my vote this time was split.
Two of the labour politicians were, IMHO, rendered unelectable on here. Sure you don't mean two libdem and one Labour?
No I didn't. But out of my choices (from your comment maybe I should have done even more reading!) only the LD candidate out of the three candidates I voted for got elected, so if I missed something I should have read on here it hardly matters.... ah FPTP.
Did you read Liz's confessions of a voter blogs?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service