Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I wasn't going to say this as I'm loathe to criticise someone's choice of employer for their first job. I did however think it was a bit off that Adam Jogee was working as a researcher for Terrapin Communications. Why did I think this was off? Well, their list of clients included the three firms currently bidding to run a large part of the council'sour land in a 20 year "partnership" deal. I asked around and was told that he was a good boy and was being responsible about it. He's now the Majority Chief Whip.

So then I come across THIS POST on OpinioN8 which is Crouch End's version of HoL. There it states that

Councillor Kober has dined six times at Terrapin's expense, once in Cannes. Detail on the lunches decreases over time.

Councillor Strickland was also at this dinner in Cannes and has dined at Terrapin's expense another four times.

Councillor Jason Arthur - twice, recently, with Peter Bingle and again with another partner, Christian Klapp.

Go see the post on OpinioN8, click on the links. See for yourself. Adam was a just graduated student when he became a Labour councillor, now he's a researcher for perhaps the country's best known Tory lobbyist.

Martin Ball pointed some of this out to us about 18 months ago and we were all a bit meh. Presumably we consider it slightly off to worry about who pays for someone else's lunch. However, Terrapin's client list should give us cause for concern given what is also happening with Hornsey Town Hall. Have we been duped here?

Tags for Forum Posts: corruption, haringey, haringey development vehicle, hornsey town hall, opinion8, terrapin

Views: 6834

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Especially since our great council IS mediocre in its performance. It deserves the bashing it gets when you see the choices being made re Tottenham and just how those choices have been made.
It is mediocre...doesn't mean the people working their aren't trying their best and that some councillors are doing great work.

John, We have a bunch of gullible wide-eyed, right-wing councillors in charge of Haringey, who appear to swallow all the patter and promises of property developers, rich landowners, and their lobbyists. The latter must first be rubbing their eyes in disbelief. Then slapping one another on the back in sheer delight. Look guys! Forget taking sweets from kids in buggies, Haringey's so-called "Leaders" are chasing us to give away everything at knock-down prices. A free lunch or two and they're your faithful friends.

It seems we have the 'Let's Do Lunch Party' in charge of the Borough. They disgust me. The betrayal of Haringey residents is breath-taking. Whether over Hornsey Town Hall, or the "Development Vehicle" plan due to hand over people's homes and communities to private owners.

To be fair, in all this Cllr Adam Jogee is the youngest and smallest-fry. And he's been put in an impossible position. Aren't there any other councillors who he listens to - or at least any of them who still think for themselves - who could and should and have taken him aside and quietly said just three little words. "Don't do it."
Maybe they did. If so, would Adam Jogee listen? I've no idea. Maybe he thinks he's fallen on his feet in Haringey, when in fact he's stumbled into a municipal sewer.

Meanwhile we have Mr Peter Bingle. Whose tweets I've read. I've never met him and hadn't heard of him until now.  I wonder if Mr Bingle isn't having a huge laugh. Maybe he's MacHeath?

Mac Heath is no one so interesting. It was a name I adopted on a whim to do with a sports club I belong to. So I've changed my name in my HoL profile. And my age.

Thanks Adrian. I much prefer knowing who actually writes what I'm reading.

Bump.

Pam, I'm told the Broadway Ham & High will be covering this when it come out later today (8 December). Though like most local papers their financial position constrains them.

Hopefully more media channels will begin detecting Haringey's sweet rotting smell of excess.

I am tempted to resort to Twitter to ask the actors in this farce just what the hell is going on, but we all know how that turned out last time.

Adam for instance has sent 55,000 tweets but not one about his new job. If they hadn't HAD to declare it, would they have?

How long has he had the job?

(Maybe it says so further up but breakfast is calling.)

Since the 29th of February 2016.

And it was three months later that he was made Chief Whip.

I was wrong. He's been there since the 19th of October 2015 according to his boss.
https://twitter.com/PeterBingle/status/656140828553932805

" 18h18 hours ago

Regeneration in London is so important. Councils of every persuasion are being radical and brave. Mustn't allow the Left to thwart them ..."

I also note that he was a 'radical' councillor in Wandsworth.  Let me guess which sort of 'radical' he was.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service