Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I wasn't going to say this as I'm loathe to criticise someone's choice of employer for their first job. I did however think it was a bit off that Adam Jogee was working as a researcher for Terrapin Communications. Why did I think this was off? Well, their list of clients included the three firms currently bidding to run a large part of the council'sour land in a 20 year "partnership" deal. I asked around and was told that he was a good boy and was being responsible about it. He's now the Majority Chief Whip.

So then I come across THIS POST on OpinioN8 which is Crouch End's version of HoL. There it states that

Councillor Kober has dined six times at Terrapin's expense, once in Cannes. Detail on the lunches decreases over time.

Councillor Strickland was also at this dinner in Cannes and has dined at Terrapin's expense another four times.

Councillor Jason Arthur - twice, recently, with Peter Bingle and again with another partner, Christian Klapp.

Go see the post on OpinioN8, click on the links. See for yourself. Adam was a just graduated student when he became a Labour councillor, now he's a researcher for perhaps the country's best known Tory lobbyist.

Martin Ball pointed some of this out to us about 18 months ago and we were all a bit meh. Presumably we consider it slightly off to worry about who pays for someone else's lunch. However, Terrapin's client list should give us cause for concern given what is also happening with Hornsey Town Hall. Have we been duped here?

Tags for Forum Posts: corruption, haringey, haringey development vehicle, hornsey town hall, opinion8, terrapin

Views: 6832

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is an echo of the silence from HoL around the place. Perhaps because no one quite knows what to do. And of course drawing the wrong conclusion could lead to some difficult conversations. It can only be guesswork as to what the tweets prior to 29th Feb 2016 relate to. 29th Feb 2016 was a busy day with 4 Terrapin news bulletins issued

John and Adrian, I think you'll find the silence is due to this being a complex case that doesn't immediately impact people. I imagine that people can sense a possible wrong, but it's not the type of wrongdoing that generates excitement without granular and salacious details.

Let me be clear I'm not saying that the issue is not an important one; rather I'm responding to your implicit question about the silence. However much we may all wish it were different, I'm sure that you must both recognise by now that people's appetite for local politics is limited and what energy there is is generally reserved for issues that directly impact the quality of their local lives.

Should you between you be able to surface more granular evidence of wrong-doing, I think you'll find higher levels of interest (but don't cross the libel line to get there!).

I very much agree with this: "what energy there is is generally reserved for issues that directly impact the quality of their local lives".

Finding nobody willing to help me rid Lausanne Rd of the scourge of heavy industrial vehicles I discovered the patronage system operated by the local Labour Party that led to things like the gating of the gardens. If we fix the problem of corrupt local politics lots of our "issues that directly impact the quality of our local lives" will take care of themselves.

I don't disagree, John, but it's an abstraction too far for most people with busy lives. (and no I'm not saying you don't have a busy life!)

Happy to address reducing heavy vehicles on the Ladder
Their always about so that shouldn't be difficult.

Good point. I wanted to put Terrapin in there to get Peter Bingle's attention via his presumed Google Alert and as I've said, I have some sympathy for the patsycouncillor involved.

Agree, I needed it spelt out for me before I realised what it meant!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-WIlndwcRXY

Silence left its seeds while I was sleeping
and the vision that was planted
still remains
uneasy with the disquiet

People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening

The assertion still remains,
It's talked over here again
because this vision leaves us reeling
Left it's seed as we seemed to be sleeping
The story becomes clearer like an oncoming train
Peoples lives washed down the drain
When their gone the thought comes back again
And will not lie

For the vision you'll need a loan
The roads change, no longer stone
A cold white halo from our street lamp
We'll choose now not to turn our back
To those in the the cold and damp
My eyes see the lights of cranes at night
Buildings emerge in the light
Your eyes cannot avoid the sight

And in the light we saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more
People leaving without speaking
Politicians hearing without listening

The streets we used to share
And no one thought to
disturb the plan of silence

Are we fools, if we do not know
Within our city the cancer grows
People leave, move and flow
Hear the words that might reach you
Provide thoughts that might thank you
But if words, like silent raindrops fall
Will only grow in wells of silence

More over people came and stayed
The new ideal a council made
And the signs were always there
In a world no longer fair
With words of new homes, on advertising boards
Along with new tenants and their landlords
The old community not heard, but met with silence

Thank you Matthew Cuthbert.
And thank everyone who last night helped let in some fresh air and truthful words into the normal fug and concealment in our the Civic Centre.

"just another zany conspiracy theory, more council bashing from the usual suspects based on nothing more than speculation" Please provide a couple of links to back up this position. You really don't know the half of it.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service