Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

List of council candidates who were selected on Wednesday evening:

Harringay

David Schmitz

Karen Alexander

Asha Kaur

St Anns

Mihai Ghertan

Alison Prager

Tola Ariyo

Highgate

Bob Hare

Liz Morris

Clive Carter

Muswell Hill

Gail Engert

Cara Jenkinson

Pippa Connor

Fortis Green

Martin Newton

Viv Ross

Tom Southern

Crouch End

Patrick Harte

Sarah Elliot

Brian Haley

Hornsey

Errol Reid

Dawn Barnes

Gillian Kilby

Bounds Green

Sakina Chenot

Chris Jenkinson

Michael Tiritas

Stroud Green

Katherine Reece

Richard Wilson

Ben Myring

Noel Park

Colin Heinink

Vik Seeborun

Roberto Robles

Woodside

Craig Brown

Roxy Squire

Kirsty Allan

Alexandra

Dave Beacham

Eddie Capstick

Indijana Harper

Views: 2772

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No, that's not true. Live, work or own/rent a property are the requirements, John. I suspect some of the LD candidates work in the area but reside elsewhere--that's in keeping with the rules. But it's also desperate--ie it shows you don't actually have anyone, in terms of residents, to stand.

But Lydia Rivlin, who is standing as the Conservative candidate in Harringay ward, lives in Muswell Hill.

Indeed. That's Haringey. I suspect - and I could be wrong - that we'll be seeing a few candidates with addresses in boroughs like Hackney, Waltham Forest etc.

It is but you seem to be finding fault with the LibDem list, venturing that none of their Tottenham candidates live in Tottenham (previous page on this thread). Muswell Hill isn't even in the same parliamentary constituency as Harringay. Personally, I have no problem with a candidate not living in the ward but you can't tell off another party for doing what your party is doing.

We have 1 candidate out of 27 who lives in the neighbouring, Haringey, constituency.

But would you agree with me, Michael - and with one of Mr Hinchcliffe's points - that it's sound practice for Haringey political parties to nominate people who at least have their homes in Haringey?

If any party is putting up candidates whose usual residence is outside the borough, I would like to know their names and home addresses. So if Mr Hinchcliffe actually has hard evidence of this, (not just vague suspicion or speculation) I'd ask him to share it on this thread.

Candidates are required to give accurate details on their nomination forms. As I recall it's a criminal offence to give false information.

(Tottenham Hale ward councillor)

Haven't seen the borough-wide list of your lot yet Justin, or did I miss it?

"Your lot"? Charming!

Never miss an opportunity to take offense eh Justin? No matter how slight. ;)

Come on, man, lighten up.

pot/kettle

Mr Hinchcliffe, do you or don't you have any evidence for your comment that the LibDems will be putting up: "a few candidates with addresses in boroughs like Hackney, Waltham ....

If you do, then please post the evidence. If not, why post that comment?

(Tottenham Hale ward councillor. Labour Party member)

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service