Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Some Ladder residents claim St Ann's traffic scheme brings more traffic to Ladder - Do you agree? Have your say

The St Ann's Low Traffic neighbourhood started on 4 September 2023. The traffic order that put it in place lasts only for 18 months. The Council is therefore seeking resident views before making the scheme permanent.

Although personally I haven't experienced it, at a residents meeting (Ladder Community Safety Partnership) meeting last night, residents from roads including Fairfax and Beresford, expressed concern that the LTN had added to their traffic woes.

A consultation of the future of the scheme id now running until 20th September

To add your voice for or against, click here.

Jim Leedham of the Harringay Ladder Healthy Streets group provided the following comparative traffic data which he tells me is direct from the Haringey Council website.

As of January 20232, just over a year after the LTN was introduced and getting on for two years ago from today, the data doesn't suggest that at that point Fairfax had seen a slight uptick and Beresford a slight uptick. Given the additional traffic on Green Lanes I wonder if those changes correspond, i.e. that northbound traffic was travelling further north to avoid queues on Green Lanes. Jim suggested the possibility that with the higher traffic levels on Green Lanes, queues on the rung roads may have worsened even if not absolute levels. This would certainly be felt by people living on those roads. 

Tags for Forum Posts: consultation, traffic

Views: 908

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That Green Lanes/Beresford count looks strange.

Looking at the Vivacity traffic counts (these were counts each day through a camera and image recognition rather than a sensor) the Green Lanes at St. Anns Road count doesn't vary much pre/post LTN (August 22 for St. Ann's) and is around 18.5k. The count at Beresford is w/c 18 Feb where the Vivacity camera at Green Lanes/St Ann's is showing 18.5k so not sure what is happening between there and Beresford:

I did a quick dashboard from this data so people can see the traffic counts from the Vivacity sites:

https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/andrew1177/viz/TrafficCounts...

The LTN program also meant that traffic could only join Green Lanes to go north from the lights at Colina Road (and not Park Road as well). I would imagine if the count point was one rung further up at Effingham there would have been no (major) change in the total traffic level. 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service