Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I discovered 'maghreb' in the wood green food court the other day and I've got to say the food is amazing. I had a chicken Tagine , it was seriously good. Also it's a lovely family run restaurant right in the back corner of the food court. You must give it a go.

They also sell some very rare oil which apparently is amazing for your skin, lots of info on the tables about it.

Enjoy. :)

Views: 1733

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

what cafe is this?

The café FPR refers to is this one. (Click to enlarge or view the original.)

Conservatory

Costa Republic 162 High Road, Wood Green N22 at the corner of Gladstone Avenue. My photo is from inside their very nice conservatory. They have seating outside as well, as they actually own a strip of pavement. 

In one of my other photos here you'll see Lina - the owner. She and I met and chatted when we were both taking snaps of Haringey and Veolia's less than adequate standards of rubbish clearance. Her son manages the café. 

I also have photos of Nabila and a family member at the Délice du Maghreb. (It's a small Algerian family business.)  I'll shortly get around to posting those - plus a plan showing exactly where it is. HoL member Latefa recommended it as well as FPR. They are as welcoming as Latefa promised.

I share your desire for a place like that FPR. The kind of place you go for a quick reviver and end up staying most of the afternoon. That would be hugely welcome. Actually came across one just like that in Hackney Road yesterday, didn't even have a name above the premises but was at around number 350.

Thanks Alan, that's really helpful! Although I think it's called "Coffe Republic" not "Costa Republic", lol.

We do need more good, independent cafes around here, will certainly go and check this out at the earliest opportunity.

Thanks, Cecilia.  You're right, of course. Coffee Republic!

In the early hours of the morning I was too tired even to read the sign in my own photo! <Blushes with embarrassment>

Apologies to everyone, especially Lina.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service