Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hot question asked in good faith.       Facts as follows:

1. A neighbour applied for planning approval for a structure that would obviously overlook the windows and gardens of all neighbouring houses.
  2. I objected by email to the Planning Officer and Planning Helpdesk. I also informed the Haringey the drawings of the existing site were inaccurate - and they showed the same structure as a different size on each drawing.
  3.     The structure was then built.    When I checked the Planning Application, I found the Planning Officer stated there had been no responses from residents. The officer also stated in the recommendation report there would be no overlooking which was inconceivable. The same officer referred to high walls that did not exist which would have appeared to prevent overlooking to an approving manager.  All of this helped convince a senior manager to wrongly approve this application.
  4. As the dimensions of the structure were different on each drawing, it was not clear what had been approved. 
  5. The good thing was I managed to speak to the Assistant Director of Planning who found a solution.  ( This man does deserve some credit for fixing the specific problem..) 

This highlights Haringey's planning process is potentially wide open to fraud. I am told Haringey are reviewing the planning process which will fix all the problems with it.  I have seen nothing yet that would address this issue.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced or knows of similar issues with Planning Applications in Haringey.

Haringey's Councillors (East & West) and the Council's Chief Executive need to put in an adequate Governance structure and appear determined not to do so. This needs to change.

Views: 2989

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You sparkle, you sparkler you 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service