Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Illegally for Sale [from the street] 7 Seats, CD Player and Blue Badge

If you took out the back seats you'd be able to lift a wheelchair in and out of the load space.

Views: 73

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is it parked more or less permanently in whightman road ?
strange because the badge holders registered address is in islington.
In theory a call can be made to islington council.
If the names do not match, someone could get into a lot of trouble (potentially).
It was sold last night James. I filmed the deal. The evidence is clear that the blue badge was being used for the purpose of avoiding a ticket whilst the vehicle was sold from the highway far from the owners home address. I've let the Harringay SNTeam know and intend to contact Haringey street enforcement tomorrow. The guys selling were perfectly fit and well 20 somethings in a maroon fiesta. You're right, the Blue Badge issue will need to go to Islington as the issuer.
Blue Badges aren't necessarily issued to the driver, could be a disabled child, or regular passenger that owns the badge, so the 20-somethings aren't necessarily the person it was issued to. Obviously still illegal to sell it. Well done you, not only spotting this, but having the presence of mind to film it. They can't dodge that one.
Let us know how this pans out, if the authorities tell you of course.
nobody suggests the badge was for sale
Thanks James it did read that way "Illegally for Sale [from the street] 7 Seats, CD Player and Blue Badge". My mistake.
In any case, they should only be using the badge when the disabled badge owner is using the car, as driver or passenger. The parents of one of my clients when I was working in Islington used the disabled badge to park to get medicine for their disabled child, but without them being in the car. They got let off, but warned not to do it again. If they had been driving from home to a school, for instance, in Wightman Rd, then they could justify it. I very much doubt that was the case though.
There is big busy in selling Blue Badges, glad to know that wasn't the case this time, though sounds like they'll use the same one again to sell more cars.
thanks jack63kids
i will be very interested to see what happens in this case :-)
The two cases of Blue Badge abuse that I've been trying to get some action on - both parked on Wightman by men in their 20's, the Espace for sale and a Lexus for visits - both had badges issued to older [84 and 56] ladies. Both were clearly cases of badges being used to allow other drivers to escape parking penalties. My difficulty seems to be finding anyone with the power and inclination to investigate. What - an enforcement deficit in Haringey? Never . . . . .
Usually SNT are quite good on blue badge abuse, no luck with them either?
Glyn's on the case but I don't know if they have the resource to investigate outside the borough rather than dealing with as they find it on the street.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service