Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Not only is this offensive and condescending to women, but offensive and discriminatory against men. I spoke to someone who said he was in charge at the shop and was basically laughed at.

Please can every man who reads this ring them and apply for the job? There's also solicitors a few doors up who will help you sue them.

In all seriousness though, this and the leering and catcalling on the Harringay part of Green Lanes must make it the most sexist street in Britain. It's 2015, about time this was stamped out for good.

Views: 7230

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

T'was a joke i am assuming.

Indeed! Sense of humour failure on here sometimes!

hmmm, was it? 

Come on Ruth..yes i am pretty sure it was a joke and if it wasn't we have paid it for more attention than it deserves. 

I do have a SoH believe me but the subject matter here is depressing and I could only see that remark as trying to make light of serious issues.

This often happens when women try to raise issues about sexism- lighten up! just joking! Just teasing … etc etc…. 

Agreed. It (& the comments that followed) reminded me of Hameron's "calm down dear" jibe.

Happens nearly always when women try to speak about everyday sexism.

Yeah ok - I was actually going to say it's nonsense because we all know men are far superior chefs to women but I guess that would have outraged you as well. 

i mentioned casual racism here and got shouted down because you could never be racist right? 

See what you want to see I guess.

Agreed. The fact it is joked about just confirms that it's a problem.

I'm sick of seeing those poor women crouched down in the windows rolling pastries too. It's ALWAYS women never men. Crouched down on the floor in window pens with no legroom next to a hot skillet, sweating and clearly uncomfortable, no room to move, penned in like slaves. When you've got this going on in the windows what sort of message do you think this is sending out to both women and men in this area? Ive complained many times and have spoken on here of it previously. It makes me feel really sad every time I get off the bus at Mattison Rd stop and there it is, happening right there.

I really hope you weren't calling me an ars*hole....cause I can be very insulting should I need to be. Keep it civil.

We really need a satire mark on this forum...

Or people could just get a sense of humor - how could that have been a serious comment? Women make the best sandwiches? 

Most sexist street in Britain? It diminishes the strength of your argument when you make sweeping statements like that - you should stick to facts and count examples etc IMHO.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service