Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for bands and/or solo performers for Harringay Market.

Preferably acoustic cause we don't want to disturb anyone.

Does anyone know if we'd need a licence for that?

Get in touch jessica@foxycooks.co.uk.

Thanks!

Views: 229

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I should ask the people who organised the Crouch End festival.

Jessica,

Contact Bridget Badoe at Haringey Council. Bridget.Badoe@haringey.gov.uk

She deals with licences but as yours isn't a one off event as such and probably not classed as an event at all, you may not need a licence. But if the musicians are playing other musicians tunes then maybe you do! Bridget will tell you.

I recently applied for a licence as part of helping organise the Crouch End Festival.

I am not a lawyer but as far as I understand it,  'regulated entertainment' includes music. Anyone who plays or organises 'regulated entertainment' in a place open to the public needs a licence. The event is a temporary event, so you need to issue a temporary event notice (TEN for short) and to do that, you need a TEN licence. TEN's are the latest version of the ConDem's 'big society' approach to deregulation - you'll get the licence unless someone objects. Your local ward councillor can strongly influence the granting of a licence, so worth consulting them. 

It costs £21 and can take no more than 10 working days to process (by the Haringey licensing team). You fill in a form ( online - look here) and then I think Haringey circulate it to the police etc, looking for reasons it'd be too risky.  You should include your plans with the application so they can make sure you've thought of everything - the aim, obviously, is not to do anyone any harm. 

The Haringey licensing team I dealt with were really helpful (Ms Barratt) and friendly, ready to give the benefit of their expertise. Surprising how much expertise is needed as it looked simple on the face of it, but I now see how much is needed - knowledge of the complicated planning laws is just the half of it - a number of deaths at temporary events over the years means that it's worth being guided by the people who know, and equipping them to best give you their advice by telling them all the facts.

Call me if it helps - it's a nice thing you're doing.

Glad to help - we're all in it together :)

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service