Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Huge Leap in Google Search Results Personalisation

If you have a Google account and you're logged in, your search results are already customised by your search behaviour history.

On 21st November, Google took things a big step forward with the addition of the Google search Wiki. Basically it maens now YOU can control what gets included in your search results and the ranking of the result items. Vote individual results up or remove them, share your edits and see others’ edits for the same page.

Here's the Google How to page and below is a video:

Google seem to claim that this won't have any effect on results overall. But I don't believe it. I cannot see how they'll resist letting it have at least some impact on search result ranking.

So, everyone, get a Google account, search on Harringay and vote Harringay Online to the top of your results page!

Tags for Forum Posts: 2.0, internet

Views: 147

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So just in case, I've done just that. You can add fave sites as well so how about adding the Flickr group
www.flickr.com/groups/wwwharringayonlinecom/
ANYONE who does not have a Google mail account and would like one, can open a Google "account" to set one up. It is not entirely clear that this is for a Google Mail account, but it probably is.

If you have any trouble, just email a request to me at stroud.green.residents.assoc@gmail.com and I will send you an invitation to open your own GoogleMail account (outside Europe it is known as Gmail).

In my opinion, Google offers the best free, web-based email service and this even gives paid-for services a run for their money. There's nothing to lose by trying it.

[NB up until a trademark dispute about a year or two ago, the service was known in the UK as Gmail].

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service