Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I just wrote a reply to a neighbour's query and thought I'd share it:

My cat is a small black female aged 21 but doesn't look it. She does sleep a lot. Have just had her microchipped as some local toms been getting in my catflap and spraying in hall (nice smell to come home to). Final straw was a pillow in my bedroom wc had fallen on floor.Had to be thrown away.

Bought a new cat flap that responds only to her microchip. Been in place one week - bloody marvellous. Can go out without elaborate precautions, only she is eating her food.

Big tabby was seen folornly staring through one night, big black and white also hangs around. But I think they'll have little reason to come in my garden now....I hope.

Really recommend co. I used - online -well I would do if the receipt had their name in... the cat flap is a Staywell Pet a Porte.. smart flap - cost me £69. Worth it.

Views: 1497

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

These things are amazing I agree! We have a similar one (Sureflap) and the cats much prefer not having their food stolen by (in this case) a mammouth ginger Tom.

We had a similar problem when we lived on the ladder with our tiny 9 year old neutered female, Lola and two other neutered toms.

So, one by one, we caught the stray toms, had them neutered and then re-homed (once we'd put up lots of "is this your cat?" adverts locally). We kept one of them and now he's a delight.

I decline to comment.

Pam the notoriously humourless feminist. 

Good for you! We've done that as well. Over the years, we've taken in and neutered 3 male cats and 3 female cats and they're all still with us!

Seiously tho' - My two cats never go out..

If you get one whose genes are from House Cats for over hundreds of generations they don't mind at all. Female cats are also not so fussed about going out either..

It saves all the problems with fleas, etc.. just for the sake of cleaning out a litter tray.

No further down 2wards T lane. Come to the HoL social in 27th in the Salisbury and I will tell all : or maybe we'll talk about the state of world politics, life or Art?

I've just started letting my new cat out on Falkland Road. Seems to have made friends with a big white cat that we have nicknamed starey cat. Starey cat has been around for the last couple of years and is so named because he is very, very starey. I have yet to beat him in a staring match. There also seems to be a black and white cat swing by sometimes. Not sure if they are strays but neither have collars on. Sound familiar to anyone else?

Lots of cats won't wear collars or are not made to do so. Perhaps some owners think that a chip is all it takes - they are difficult to spot though ;)

Our current two do, and one is a jolly large white cat... We have friends who have growing kittens who just rip their collars off.

Occasionally they get lost - a little annoying with the collection of bells and name tags we force ours to sport, but they soon get a replacement as they're not allowed out without.

If a cat looks well, likely not to be a stray in my mind... Even if it's a tom who has his nuts in tact ;)

Our Tom cat often comes home without his collar. I should probably move away for the break away collar, but they're supposed to be so much safer.

I use the kind which is buckled but has a elasticated section rather than breakaway. Gunther (my cat :)) has not managed to take it off yet, then again he doesn't seem to notice it. he did come home once with it noticeably looser, which I guess is reassuring that he could get it off if he got stuck. 

Hi Brent,

Possibly! Here is a picture I took of Gunther (my cat) first meeting Starey Cat. We live nearish the passage so he has managed to find his way quite far down if it is Alby. He seems to spend most of his time around our garden and the surrounding gardens. I have seen him quite close up and not noticed a collar, and also this guy definitely roams at night, in fact this morning I was woken at 4am by Gunther who was screeching on the inside of the catflap and i could see Starey cat was staring in from outside. Bit worried about him coming in to be honest, but I guess that's what this thread was about in the first place :)

Whoever he is I don't mind him hanging around, I might change my mind if he decides to come in. I feel sorry for him if he is a hungry stray :(

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service