Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

12:30am Sat 15/02/14 - high winds cause chaos for Harringay's Passage;

Luckily all is calm on Falkland Rd;

Views: 3899

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The surveyor has just called, the remaining unstable wall has been removed and he is waiting at the location for highways to come and clear the rubble. Should be cleared in an hour or so.

1. Has this work been carried out (both removal of the bricks & the wooden fence)?

2. The owner of the property with the brick wall is elderly & rents the place out. Has someone managed to contact the owner?

3. Highways need to do an audit of all walls/fencing lining the passage. Some structures may have been weakened by the recent storm but we currently don't know which ones, until another wall/fence collapses. 

As councillors are currently arranging a walk of the Passage re railings can I reiterate as others have suggested that this includes walls/fencing and that these structures are given greater priority. 

4. Can a preliminary report be presented to;

a. HOL

b. LCSP

c. Friends of Harringay Passage

5. Can you please ask Highways what powers they have over property owners to make sure their walls/fencing are structurally sound and that repairs/replacement are carried out as necessary.

Thank you

This is the section between Mattison and Ducket 20 minutes ago:

So they came along yesterday to remove more wall & left, not removing rubble as promised. Well lets hope it's done by Monday!

To be fair to Haringey (now there's something I thought I would never type) I would imagine that they are dealing with quite a lot of this at the moment. Their immediate priority I suppose will be to make sure that anything on the verge of collapsing is deal with first. Would probably be a good idea though to put up barriers or warning signs either end of this stretch.
Hi Michael

Yes I think putting the barriers up is very important and I have asked for this and made John Bevan aware that these need to go up ASAP. I will be going down there now to see what if any progress has been made in at the very least making the area safe to the public.

Emine

Labour Candidate (Harringay Ward)

If you need a little help from our MP I'm sure he wouldn't mind putting in a call to Mr Bevan to back you up Emine, for safety barriers, removal works, Passage audit etc.

It has been a long while since we've heard from David in Harringay Ward.

I have spoken to the surveyor again this morning and he confirmed that highway were supposed to come and clear the rubble follow our conversation yesterday about making the area safe. He will chase them again now and keep me updated and in turn I will keep residents updated here on HoL.

Thank you Karen. It's impressive you have a hot line to this council surveyor on a Sunday. Lets hope the Highway workers are also available.

Highways did come to remove the rubble last night but there was too much for them to deal with. The plan is for them to come in the morning to complete the removal of the remaining bricks.

That looks as if that wall wasn't built very well. Shouldn't it have had some re-enforcing piers along it's length especially as it was so high?

Won't the queue of burglars hopping over all the interior fences, be some kind of incentive to the owners/tenants + neighbours to sort this out fast?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service