Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I have again asked for some enforcement action by the council against HGVs using Wightman Road and the ladder roads.

I am pleased to say that I have just had an email from the Parking Infrastructure Manager to say that they will be carrying out some enforcement this week between 7am and 8.30am.

Lets hope it starts to send a message to the companies that they lorries belong to.

Tags for Forum Posts: 7.5t, hgv, traffic

Views: 8664

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can I suggest that consideration is given to keeping the first meeting for residents only. There may be some value in residents discussing and agreeing common ground prior to engaging with the local authority. You're a resident and councillor for the Ladder Karen, so I think it would be useful for you to attend. Tony and Nilgun, on the other hand are the decision makers and I wonder if it might be better to hold off inviting them at this stage?

That sounds like a good way forward.

I'd agree with that too Hugh

I support the residents only meeting also.

I agree re residents only and suggested this to Daniel last night (the organiser). We need the space to discuss these issues in a frank and open manner before engaging with the council.

Hi,

Thanks for all the responses.  Following John McMullan's suggestion I have created a Hol event for this meeting here.

This first meeting will be for residents only.

Thanks

Daniel

Not sure what is going on at the moment with these vehicles - but i have noticed over the last week very early in the morning what sounds like an articulated lorry coming down Burgone. It shakes the house like you would not believe. And before 9am the Jewsons lorries have been using Burgoyne a lot more... Perhaps Enforcement has stopped as of late, and they're back to being on their "best behaviour"?

Can anyone identify the operator of this truck?  Obviously over 7.5 tons.  Is it Travis Perkins?  It came up Warham today at 12.05.

Tarmac lorry.  Probably for the current road works.

I had a word with the driver of a lorry carrying three empty skips that went the length of Wightman today at about 11.30 and eventually ended up in the TK Max site. He blamed an out-of- date satnav.

What is the latest with the enforcement of the HGV restrictions? Sorry, I have lost track. And I have not seen the latest update from Karen Alexander's talks with the council about this? Burgoyne is still being hammered by HGVs (often from Jewsons).

I am still liaising with the council on this issue. At a recent police ward panel we were informed that the police have been directed that they can't enforce either the 20mph restriction or the HGV ban. It seems there wasman agreement between the police and some London boroughs that some boroughs would take on the enforcement of these traffic violations. I am currently checking this out with the cabinet member responsible that Haringey are indeed now responsible. This has come from the police so I am sure it is right but the trouble is that Haringey are just so poor at carrying this out effectively.

Some months ago I discussed with highways the possibility of a static camera to catch the HGVs and they said they would look into that option, it would of course be self-funding because so many companies are ignoring the ban. I am still chasing for an update.

Don't worry, I am still plugging away it and I won't stop until they find a solution.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service