Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

On Friday, we're having a bit of fun at South Harringay School to mark the Queen's Jubilee. Thing is, we need a Queen. Duties include waving, judging a crown competition and nibbling cucumber sarnies while saying 'How Do You Do'. If there are any actors out there willing to donate some time to queening it up for about an hour from 3.15 on Friday, please let me know

Also we need some queenlike gear (see below for inspiration) to borrow or accept as a donation. QE2 seems to favour pearls, big brooches, tiaras, big 'wedding' style hats and crucially white gloves and a handbag. We also need an 'old lady' white wig. If you can lend/give us any of those things, please let me know. I can collect if you are on the Ladder/Gardens or within walking distance of Warham.

Finally, if you've got any spare bunting or union jack decorations you could donate, we'd love to take them off your hands.

Thanks!

Tags for Forum Posts: jubilee

Views: 310

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not saying a thing.

Which queen d'ya mean?  The one in the foreground in the lemony beige? Or the one in the golden cope thing trying to cope with the old couple behind?

Thank you kindly gents. Now can I borrow a tiara from one of you please?

I've got a wonderful yellow Dior 60s two-piece with Queen Mum style cut arms in the wardrobe.. Also got a fab handbag encrusted with jewels ..  But I'm too far away.. 

You wouldn't believe, Steve, how hard it is to get a handbag and a tiara in Harringay. Surprising really...

I hope you don't think it's just blah blah .. here it is..

IsarSteve14005First time it's seen the light of day for yonks..

If by chance you've got a friend going to Brussels in the next few days, Steve, we've some Belgian visitors arriving . . .

Unfortunately no..  and you have friends in Brussels..? Sschh.. you don't want to get a reputation..

in HoL terms.. anything will be taken down as used as evidence against you ..

Worse, Stephen. Friends and cousins. But it would've been a nice touch for Liz's queenly garb to arrive via Hanover and the other Waterloo.

I think you were digging - no? I was at the Bundeskanzleramt last Tuesday an hour or so before M. Hollande .. could have given Angie's press secretary or Angie herself the said handbag to take with him/her ..

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service