Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

hedge planting at Ducketts Common - this Saturday morning-[UPDATED] was cancelled

We have been awarded a grant of £2,500 from the Tree Council to plant a hedge around Ducketts Common.

The hedge will be 800m in length and will consist of 5600 hedge plants (75% Hawthorn, 10% Blackthorn, 5% Hawthorn, 5% Dog Rose and 5% Guelder Rose) and 40 hedge trees (20 Field Maple, 10 Rowan and 10 Crab Apple)

The hedge will be slightly set back from the railings and will be maintained so that it does not grow above the height of the railings. It will take several years to fully mature.

One of the requirements of the grant is that local residents are involved in the planting. The Haringey Parks department have already started planting and it will take several days. They hope that some people can help out on Saturday morning – please feel free to come along anytime between 9am and midday.

The next meeting of the Friends of Ducketts Common is on Wednesday 17th February at 7pm at  14a Willoughby Road, London N8 0HR (next to the Citizens Advice Bureau) and we will be planting a ten tree apple orchard at 11am on Thursday 25th February – more details to follow soon.

www.duckettscommon.org.uk

Tags for Forum Posts: ducketts_common, hedge_planting, tree_council

Views: 124

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have the results of the 'consultation' (Green Fair/online survey) been distributed beyond the email list?. Is this on the website? Maybe I just didn't see it.

Will the 'gym' (which I think will be well used) have sports company logos all over it?

Hope the planting went well & that it has a chance to grow into a healthy hedge over the coming years. Is the aim to replace or repair the railings?
All those prickly thorns ! :-0
Stand by Injurylawyers for you :-)
Adam, will implements be provided?

Or is it BYO?
might be worth bringing your own gloves, but tools will be provided
Received a phone call from Adam this morning saying that due to someone not showing up, the hedge planting was cancelled. Apologies to anyone this morning who got there early to get stuck in. Adam will update further later.
Apologies to anyone who came down today – unfortunately the Haringey Parks team didn’t show up for work so no planting took place.

Please contact me if you would like to be on The Friends of Ducketts Common email list, and receive minutes from our monthly meetings.
I have attached the consultation results - I understand from Groundwork that they were circulated to everyone who participated in the survey.

The final look and size of the gym is still being discussed - one option is to have a larger gym which would have some logos. If this proposal is taken forward there will be a formal consultation with local residents.

The damaged railings have all been repaired using some of the £10k that we got from Making the Difference. There are no plans to replace them and we hope that they will be painted in the near future.
Attachments:

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service