Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Right. Soapbox time. I am doing a straw poll. I know it it not very scientific as the folks on HoL are possibly not likely to have a phone at home, or even a mobile, but a question.

Has anyone ever used one of the phone boxes on Green Lanes? You, or anyone you know.

Just to remind you there are 7 between the Bridge and the Salisbury...

Tags for Forum Posts: phone boxes

Views: 1048

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Justin,

I took up a part-time job once cleaning bt telephone boxes, which I thought might be an easy money-maker. I only stuck the job for a day, though, when I found that people were using the boxes for numbero 2 operations  

As mentioned, they are basically rain shelters for bums to put in their bedding, etc.

The leading bum that blights my area around the Salisbury you all would know as he is often shaking and twitching from meth.  He uses the phone box by the post office as his day closet and you can always see it full of bedding.

And I am not buying the argument that the boxes need to be there as it would be unfair to the poor. I've had to endure said bum on his mobile phone in front of my house at 4am and I've been on the passage behind him when he receives calls. In other words, no one needs the boxes as all they do is perpetuate a known health hazard (the bum).  

There was also a time over the summer when he was hanging out with a bumette and they had a small tent they were pitching on the passage so they could do drugs in private. Another reason to take down the port-a-john phone boxes.

All he wants is a 'cuppa tea'! ;)

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service