Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Ever since Karen and I ceased to be members of Haringey Council for this Ward, I have made it no secret that if a by-election were to present itself, I would want Karen to be the Lib Dem candidate.

I was therefore delighted when she agreed to stand in the forthcoming election.

Because of her tireless, conscientious and effective work during the eight years when she represented our Ward she has clearly earned a chance to represent us again. Unquestionably, everyone here will benefit if the voters decide to elect her.

The selection of our candidate has not yet taken place, but I wanted my personal view to be known beforehand. 

I am very grateful for the kind things that a number of people have said about me, and I am even more grateful for the fact that many of these compliments have been directed at both of us.

We have been working as a team for many years now, and this will continue, both before polling day and (all being well) after her election.

David Schmitz

Lib Dem Former Councillor

Harringay Ward 

Views: 1507

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Come on now, Peter, listen to Hugh. 

I am. The T&C specifically encourage statements of fact.

Perhaps you should declare your political membership?

I am Labour since 1976. Haringey Councillor 1986-90. You?

Peter, you're right in that we encourage statements of fact, but you neglect to recall that whilst

"Statements of position or policy by candidates or their representatives, are encouraged. Comments denigrating the postions of other parties or any comments desigend to bring into disrepute other parties, candiatates or ther positions are not." 

Over the next few weeks HoL will not be the place for the parties to have cat fights. As a party member you're close enough to come within the "or their representatives" category. By all means share your party's policies and highlight any achievements, but it's best to stay away altogether from beating up on other candidates and their parties.

Quite apart from our house rules, I think there's plenty of political cat fights to be found elsewhere right now. We don't need it here.

Some of this thread has been trimmed in accordance with our house rules.

I'm very pleased, though not at all surprised, to note that there has not been a single dissent from my view that Karen was brilliant Councillor, which after all is what this post is about.

Yeah she was. Both of you were.

Thank you!

Seconded

Thirded!

And I agree with Hugh; I have voted for a different party locally as opposed to nationally on a few occasions (not just in Harringay but other parts of London/the UK where I have lived).

It is easy to be a good opposition councillor but as soon as you got into government your principles soon disappeared. That's why Jeremy is so popular with the non-elite!

A reminder, that whilst political statements from candidates and their supporters are welcome and polite debate is welcomed, the site rules are very specific on what comments are permitted from candidates and their representatives. See Terms & Conditions, particularly sections n & o (Link in grey strip at the bottom of any page).

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service