Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Harringay Councillor Zena Brabazon Front Runner as New Leader of the Council

I've been told by a Labour Party member that at a hustings lat night, Harringay councillor Zena Brabazon has been voted as favourite to occupy the now vacant role of Leader of the Council.

What a different council that would be!

The other candidates were Cllr Ahmet and Cllr Ejifor.

The final choice will be made by elected councillors.

Views: 3151

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's in the Evening Standard too. This would make quite a story considering this.

If the Standard article is right I think it would be good if the new leader went into talks with Lendlease with an open mind.  Not to exhume the whole HDV but to salvage as much as possible from the work already done and blow away the pre-election noise about extremism.  It would make us more attractive for investment?     

Perhaps but I think that to draw a line under the corruption involved in the tender process the bid not represented by Terrapin should be spoken to first. I see that regeneration is needed and Tottenham could do with an injection of disposable income to be spent in local businesses but not at the cost of the people who currently live there being moved to Hertfordshire.

Hi John - are you alleging criminal behaviour? If so best go to the police? Otherwise if it’s just your opinion I think Hugh is liable to being sued here.

God I've been saying this on this website for MONTHS. Come and sue me you cheating Australians!

PS Thanks for the "legal advice" DTW.

Yeah you’ve been saying it but you don’t have anything to really substantiate it. But like many things John you conflate opinion with fact.

Well, let's wait for them to come and get me but Lendlease staff were seen in River Park House during the tender process.

Where have I conflated opinion with fact DTW?

They nicked one of my favourite photos of Zena which I took on a bridge in Edinburgh.

Would you become the first gentleman of Haringey?

Me become a gentleman? I never thought that was ever a possibility.
(I never 'ad the Latin. And surprisingly Google Translate is no help.)

My current role seems to be answering whichever of three phones Zena isn't talking on.

... I'm afraid that the Alan Stanton "Fanclub" would never let you become a "Gentleman" even if you are a scholar... but I know that I'm speaking for many residents of the borough when I say that there couldn't be a better council leader than Zena... 

Tweet from Seema Chandwani:

"Congratulations new Labour Group Leader for Haringey Council."  

https://twitter.com/SeemaChandwani/status/993951693275582465

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service