Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Harringay councillor responds to @tom_watson on mad leftie plots in @UKLabour

Local councillor Emine Ibrahim has responded to Tom Watson's slightly hysterical warnings of a plot by Momentum to "take control" of the Labour Party, here.

"Dramatic headlines yesterday claimed that the Labour Party will soon be over-run by a sinister hard left faction. One would be forgiven for thinking they had read the blurb for the latest John Le Carre novel."

Excellent comparison.

I wrote this though: "Organisations like Progress and Labour First were however astonishingly successful in recognising that if there were 10 committed Campaign for Labour Party Democracy members in a ward then they needed to get 11 people to that meeting to elect 6 delegates to sit on the GC to represent the 80 members that hadn’t turned up." and I'll be asking for my percentage of Emine's fee.

Although Emine, I would ask you to perhaps look into the council's plans to force your constituents to live in a traffic choked rat run too. Thanks.

Tags for Forum Posts: labour, momentum, traffic

Views: 695

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, moderate, and nothing that would be out of place 65+ years ago in the post war UK government, let alone present day Europe. These policies were deemed sensible and necesary and they led to bombed out homeless being housed, school places for all children, and free universal healthcare, and more besides.
These policies are every bit as relevant and necesary today. Our services have been consistently and repeatedly cut and attacked, we now have systematic manufactured chaos in the NHS, education system, prison system, housing, social care, welfare system and more. We need real social policies and services not politically driven cuts as an excuse for privatisation. If you are looking for extreme policies look no further than the Conservative government.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service