Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I've just hear that today's election was won by Zena Brabazon (Labour). Congratulations Zena. We all look forward to working with you. 

Views: 2713

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congratulation to Zena and to all those who canvassed for all the parties - you all deserve a rest now.  

Thank you to everyone for all your good wishes and support. This was a great local campaign where the Liberals and Greens fought hard and well with really excellent candidates - and I genuinely mean that. Of course, this is just the end of the beginning, as the challenging work of representing and advocating for people is now just starting. 

A councillor represents everyone in their ward, and I aim to do just that. I am sure we will have big debates and discussions as we go along. I will be posting surgery details and all that next week! 

Emine and I also have some new ideas about community engagement. 

Thanks to everyone for coming out to vote and for participating in local democracy.

Zena

Zena Brabazon

Cllr, Harringay Ward

Go Zena!

Turnout 24.9 per cent. Sad isn't it? But good result.

Yes but its average apparently.  Also when I went to vote at 6pm ish they (at the polling station) told me that the turnout by then was only 15%,  So 24-5% is a big improvement on that!

If we could be kind to the LibDems after this defeat and call them a progressive party, then they, Labour and the Greens have defeated the retrograde forces of the Tories and Ukip by a margin of nearly 20 to 1. Well done, Harringay!

From those I've spoken to, the Greens put up an impressive candidate who made a strong positive impression on people. Karen Alexander is a progressive - though in the common sense usage, and not in the way that the right-wing of the Labour Party has tried to appropriate the word in their Progress Party.

In my personal view, John Higson, they are the retrograde forces in Haringey politics.

Great choice. Zena is a warm, sympathetic, mature, hard working and  experienced person who I know will put representing and helping her constituents before any narrow  party considerations or personal advancement. Both her principal opponents were also good candidates and a special mention should be made of Jarelle Francis who I hope will persevere in politics. Credit for his efforts - we need more impressive young men like him getting into local and national politics.

Thanks Jamousa

I have posted my email and contact details elsewhere on HOL but in case people haven't seen them they are: 

zena.brabazon@haringey.gov.uk

Mob: 07812 677 710

I am just sorting out surgery arrangements and will post them when they are finalised. The advertised surgery for tomorrow at North Harringay School/the Falkland Centre is regrettably cancelled since the school is closed during August. However the surgery at St. Paul's Church Cavendish Road scheduled for the 27 August will go ahead from 11am - midday.

Best Wishes

Zena 

Zena Brabazon

Cllr, Harringay Ward

congratulations Zena!  Great result! Anna

Zena is cool

Commiserations to Neville Watson, an excellent candidate.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service