Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

The Proposed Haringey Loop Cycle Route

Haringey Council is planning the development of a Haringey Loop cycle route, based on an outline proposal by Haringey Cycling Campaign.

Consultants have been commissioned to carry out a feasibility study into the route to review existing conditions, identify options for improving conditions for cycling and make recommendations.

To inform the study they are seeking input from groups and inidividuals with local interests and knowledge. HoL members have been invited to add their input.

A key part of the information gathering element of the study will be a Cycle Route Inspection Meeting. This will to review existing conditions, identify problems and gaps in facilities for cyclists (and where appropriate walkers) and discuss how improvements could be made.

The inspection will take place by bicycle on 1 February 2013, meeting at 10.45am at Wood Green library, for an 11am start.

The ride will run anti-clockwise around the suggested route for the Loop, stopping at Finsbury Park cafe for a lunch break (participants will be liable for their own lunch costs), with an anticipated finish time of around 4pm.

If you would like to attend, you should send confirmation by emailing consultant Mark strong as soon as possible.

email: mark.strong@transport-initiatives.com
Tel: 0845 345 7623

Views: 1520

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As I said in my initial reaction, I'd like to see this extended eastwards to include Markfield Park, and part of the canal. If you're trying to introduce people to Haringey's open spaces, this should be included as it's a neat but hidden little park, popular with locals - and it has a cafe  . The canal is also a favourite cycling asset.  Dont recommend this end of West Green Road for cyclists though, too busy/too narrow.

Comments on this post have been flagged up to the consultants who have promised to take them into account.

Any chance of it going through (restored) Lordship Rec, down through Mt Pleasant across Philip Lane via Loxwood and Napier into Jansons (Maysies memorial pocket Garden) into into Clyde Circus and Rd to Tottenham Green (soon to be revamped but worth visiting due to the magnificient Town Hall, Old Schools, Fire Station and Tottenham Baths buildings) across to Tottenham Green East then down through Tynemouth and Hanover and on to Markfield Park (with its WORKING BEAM ENGINE!) and the canal. There could be versions and loops to allow for different durations and areas of Haringey. I find that the present loop is centered on the west of Haringey and excludes many of the great things this side (the east) of the Borough has to offer. It is also a part of the Borough that would greatly benefit from this sort of improvement. Why is it being overlooked?

I concur...

From that loop it could go from Tottenham Green to Tottnm Hale entry to the canal - maybe a trip onto Tottnm Marsh - then back down to Markfield on the towpath, and out to St Anns and thus Hermitage Rd - there are prob back roads there, not my patch. The rebuilt one-way system is planned to have proper cycle paths so the eventual route could be along Monument Way, passing the slabby blocks of new flats that will inevitably line the new road.  

The advantage of the east side, especially the canal and marshes, is that it's nice and FLAT.

Yup. the reworking of the gyratory system means that Broad Lane will be much, much quieter. After Markfield it could then head back to St Ann's via Chestnuts An area where new homes are planned at hospital site. The MArshes should defintely be included. They are much overlooked but a wonderful green lung asset for our Borough!

And maybe this bit of St Anns (speaking of green lungs) will have been turned into allotments if the owner gives up on trying to build on it.

checked maps - from Markfield, down Crowland Rd, against the one-way if this works - cycle path is marked on the road - if not, down Ferndale Rd. Cross High Rd by the Dutch House pub, via cut-off into Ermine Rd, alongside the 'wasteland' into St Ann's Rd. This avoids the hairy High Rd. Along St Ann's, loop to Chestnuts park cafe, back down to Hermitage Rd and thus Finsbury Park. Or on days it's open, through The Gardens to Railway Fields.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service