Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

haringey new logo

Thoughts?

Thanks goes to Lib Dem councillor Clive Carter for highlighting & confirming here that this is the new logo.

Views: 5092

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My kids are 21,16 and 14. They laughed when I showed them the Logo, describing it as 'crap', 'lame' and 'a pathetic waste of money'.
Hi Clive, wanna be teenager & teenager. Reaction was 'what the hell!' and 'that's rubbish, I could have done that for 50p!'

Where do they sit on the new Google typeface? The dialogue on this rebrand is not a million miles from what I've heard a few people say about theirs.

Well Google is at least some sort of sans serif typeface - how would one categorise the new Haringey logo??

Gordon, outside and following the Haringey Council Cabinet Member Signing that I attended, with others, Mr Martin Ball called out to the Cabinet Member responsible, what font was this (pointing to a copy of the logo).

Answer called back: it's not a font.

I'm sure that's correct. It's a grouping of rectangles or sticks, as it were. After all, if you're spending £40,000 with a design team, you'd want a custom design, rather than one that used an off-the-shelf font.

Here's one way to get started on a low cost, low-tech emulation.

I'm sure that's the case, Clive.  A spot of low-tech always comes in handy.

I made this "Logo" using some coins. And it didn't cost £86,000.

I'm sorry you didn't have enough change to do a pounds sign, but then you didn't have a budget of £40,000 to play with, as did the favoured Soho branding agency.

I really like the autumnal hues you've managed to bring together in an unforced, unplanned, organic composition.

It could be said to be made of *cough* red tape.

Why we hate logo rebranding.

Link

Can't speak for anyone else here Ingo but I personally was not against the rebrand. The old logo was dreadful, and I was pleased to hear it was going. Couldn't be worse, I thought.

The problem for me is the execution. And at that cost it really ought to be a bit stonger.

Like it or not, it's a logo.

Right - the justification for the new logo was -

"In assessing the options for a new identity the following objectives were set :

 improve the profile and image of the council with residents and key stakeholders

 ensure the identity reflects our vision for the borough as a place of true potential and ambition

 be a catalyst for a wider programme of culture change

 help with the recruitment and retention of staff by creating a stronger sense of identity for the council "

Remember ?

In what universe does the new logo meet the stated objectives ?

John, I've always liked architect Mies van der Rohe's famous quote Less is More.

Applied here, the less there is in a logo the more that can be read into it by its promoters (and the corollary is that the more that can be charged for it).

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service