Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Haringey Council Library Consultation-on paper and in the library only!

An email in the inbox to ask me to pop into the library...

In case you’re unaware, just to inform you  that the council’s official public consultation on the Library Service is ongoing throughout the service this week.   Please encourage any local residents to come in and fill in the form at any Haringey Library if they can’t make it into Stroud.

Respondents are requested to answer all questions even if the response is don’t know.. It’s quite extensive and takes about 10 mins. 

Please make your views & opinions heard – it maybe the only opportunity…..

Surely opinions about libraries shouldn't be confined only to regular users who can find time in one week to get to the library.

So a 10 minute questionnaire on paper and only available via the library. Anyone care to enlighten me as to why there isn't an e-version of this? And why there's nothing on the council website about it?

Tags for Forum Posts: libraries

Views: 177

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I knew I'd seen or heard about it somewhere, Liz. But I couldn't find it on the Consultation Page on Haringey's website. Nor in the recent Haringey Libraries Tweets.

Did I see a card in the window of our local newsagents? A message in a bottle floating down the River Lee? In a Chinese Fortune Cookie?

Finally I was able to locate it, after all. On the Council's website there's a whole page here.

You'll notice that it says that: "Haringey's library service is carrying out a survey to find out what you think about your library service and how we can improve it". So absolutely nothing to do with cuts then. I'm also pleased that the Library Service is said to be carrying out the survey. In the past Haringey has been far too willing to throw money at consultants for this purpose.

(Tottenham Hale ward councillor)

Ah! A press release. I must admit I haven't been glued to my Haringey Council RSS feed as I should have been. I must tell the local library campaigner who tweeted me about it that in fact it is there.

However, my first point still stands.

People who don't use the library for whatever reason may still wish to contribute and a simple online survey would help them do that. Or are we to perpetuate the view that libraries are only for the very young, the old and those with time on their hands in the daytime?

As an active Friend of my local library, I would  suggest that the more ways we can get people to contribute to the discussion the better and an online version of the survey may help that process. What this consultation is 'about', I can't say since I haven't had a minute this week to 'pop' into the library this week due to other commitments, but I will try to find time to go tomorrow and decide for myself.

'There’s no point acting all surprised about it. All the planning charts and demolition orders have been on display in your local planning department in Alpha Centauri for fifty of your Earth years, so you’ve had plenty of time to lodge any formal complaint and it’s far too late to start making a fuss about it now.’

— Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz of the Galactic Hyperspace Library Council

Yes, indeed.

Despite their (best?) efforts, Haringey Council may as well post their consultation documents in Alpha Centuri. I trust you have popped into the library and filled out your survey and encouraged all your neighbours to do the same. 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service