Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Happy Saint Patricks Day to everyone on hol,

enjoy the day.

xx

Views: 210

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Basil Hume used always call Odone the 'Odd One' when she edited The Catholic Herald and he was Archbishop of Westminster. I used fancy her a bit myself back then during my mid-life crises (plural).

*TW: I was just wondering whether your Paddy & Mick should get me 'riz' but I've discussed it Tunbridge Wells and decided to put you on warning.

@OAE I'm actually sounding that out at 11.30 at night. Yes, we are uberwordnerd territory here but you are tempting me into some Gaelic lessons (I haven't learned a new language for 20 years, maybe time to have a go at  a Celtic one, wikipedia tells me that Irish is actually a subset called Goidelic)
Liz, I think a linguist like you will enjoy the challenge. Let me think for a day or two. I may be able to come up with some suggestion for some online or offline Irish courses.
Sounds good to me!

Re: Tunbridge Well's rather dubious joke - wasn't there a warthog involved?  

Apologies for being so offensive. the original joke is now deleted and is reposted here. I have changed the names so as not to upset anyone. I still think the original joke is very funny though.

Lesley rings an ambulance for his mate Sacha 

“Come quick my mate Sacha is hurt and needs help fast”

The operator tells Lesley to calm down and asks where he is at.

“104 Eucalyptus boulevard says Lesley”

“Can you spell that please” says the operator

The line goes quiet and the operator says “hello sir are you still there”

A couple of minutes pass and still nothing, until after about 5 minutes and Lesley comes back on the line

“Right I’ve Just dragged him to 2 Oak Road”

No, TW, you're far too sensitive to my little 'objection' above. Your new version has lost all point and humour once you divested it of its original context of, presumably, literate English 999 operator encountering obviously illiterate, but in his own terms shrewd, Paddy or Mick. In other words, you've just ditched about seven centuries of cultural baggage in order to be politically but humourlessly correct!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxJMDzNZWsE 

Switch it to a redneck caller and include a warthog and it instantly becomes comedy gold!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service