Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Happy christmas to us from London buses! My daughter, 15 years old, had been out later than usual in the dark late home, she had jumped on the bus and realised as the bus began its journey that she had dropped her pass whilst changing buses. As our area is not safe there have been a few recent rapes and a man stabbing women with a potentially hiv infected needle she understandably stayed on the bus so she could get home safely. An inspector got on and gave her a fine. Despite me appealing with proof that she had a valid oyster and had reported it lost since this incident and had another issued (cost us 10.00) and considering she had not had a fine before they still refused to waive the fine. It has cost us 25.25p, very painful at this time of year in our limited circumstances, but more painful is the lack of heart and concern for the safety of my daughter that has been shown and clear lack of interest in the humanity of the situation. What a sad sign of our times where the heart beat is slowly grinding to a halt. Wishing myself the strength to find this experience one that infuses my passion to be the change....

Tags for Forum Posts: public transport, tfl

Views: 609

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

William Joyce was born Irish and held a German Passport ... and the Brits hung him as 'a traitor'..  But there again, they would have done that to most of the Irish at that time..

Once again, can't you find any better examples than a wartime one?

I can't think of a better example of someone who got fed up with living in Britain, took up residence in Berlin and spent the rest of his days slagging off Britain, its people, its leaders and the British way of life - no.

Someone who had cause to dislike the 'Imperial' British and their society - yes !

"they would have done that to most of the Irish at that time..' now you are merely being silly....

And you don't know your history..

You don't remember the signs in London in the  60s? .. No blacks, no dogs, no Irish?

http://www.paddybloggit.com/this-and-that-28102010/

Dear all involved in this part of the thread. This has gone hopelessly off topic and is lurching into bickering. Please refrain from carrying this part of the conversation on as it is hardly adding value for Gilly or indeed anyone else. 

Europeans bickering about who is superior rarely ends well. Time to play the Pipes of Peace?

Merry Christmas/Fröhliche Weihnachten!

Oh OK..

Fair point: i rose to the bait because I am Irish and I do know my history..

Gilly started this discussion with the predicament of her 15 year old daughter - a lost Oystercard and the need to get the bus home on a dark December evening.

But the thread has - let's say - diverged. I realise that both bendy buses and Anglo-German relations in the twenty-first century are urgent and important topics. Perhaps they could have their own pages?

Yep

Couldn't agree more Alan.

Gilly - I'm really sorry to hear about your daughter's experience, and best of luck if you do appeal. It is incredibly frustrating to feel that an honest mistake is punished, especially when you've proof that she has a valid permit.

Thank you Alison and thank you Alan for your support and helpful advice.  I cannot understand how it seems obvious to some that Tfl would not refund an honest mistake when proof has been clearly provided that a valid oyster was in operation at the time of the incident, just because to many people dodge fares? Surely the fact that many people do dodge fares has no relation surely to an honest person appealing and proving their case. The fact that those people that blatantly dodge fares (who generally would as Alan stated give false addresses and names anyhow), are fined the same amount that my daughter was fined for a genuine scatty loss of bus pass seems completely unfair to me, especially when Tfl did not even lose a fare because of the mishap as children go free on the bus with the pass anyhow.  Its beyond me this arguement?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service