Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

http://www.haringeyindependent.co.uk/news/11592087.Green_Lanes_rege...

Councillors are inviting constituents from St Ann’s and Harringay to an area forum this evening.

Council officers will give people an update on the progress of the regneration and construction works around Green Lanes.

There will also be an opportunity for members of the public to raise any concerns with councillors and council staff.

The meeting begins at 6.30pm at St Ann’s  library, Cissbury Road.

Tags for Forum Posts: harringay regeneration 2012-13, outer london fund

Views: 2463

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Anyone?

One of the local councillors could put a summary on here.... Just saying.

Hahahahahahahahaha ahhh hahhahahahahahahahaha

Is there anyone there......?

Maggie, you - or someone else who's interested - might consider emailing the Harringay and St Ann's councillors directly, along with Cllr Alan Strickland who is the "cabinet" councillor for Regeneration. Request that a summary of the update is posted on HoL.

My assumption, as a former councillor, is that council staff at the Forum would have put time and effort into their presentations. (Possibly with photos, drawings; or even a Powerpoint slideshow?) So they will be only too happy to have their work given wider circulation. Posting online would require little or no extra work for them.

Alternatively it could be put on the Council's own website. Maybe it already has?

We'll just have to assume it was all bad news.

That its way over budget, the bridge isn't going to get done and far fewer shop fronts will be done. Oh and the pavements are filthy and we're not going to clean them.

All the points about councillors not communicating are accurate. But it doesn't affect the basic point that if you want to find something out it's not a bad idea to directly ask people who might know.

And in this case, I've suggested that those particular people - staff managing the Green Lanes works - will almost certainly have prepared material for the forum meeting. So they won't have to do a lot of new work.

Even if one or two councillors do read this website they will certainly not have time to read every thread. If they have seen this thread I expect they'd probably think along the same lines as me, and ask the staff concerned to post a summary on HoL. Maybe they've already done this?

There could be a short delay, of course. As the officers would be wise to seek permission from their manager. They in turn must seek permission from the "Communications Team" - Haringey Council's Pravda and Propaganda Unit who must approve everything.

This requirement is in the Council's Social Media Policy. (Now posted on What Do They Know  website because I recently asked an F.O.I  (Freedom of Information Act ) question.  Page 3 of the policy states:

If you spot a comment in a blog, forum, or on social media that you think Haringey Council should respond to - read our Responding to Social Media guide2 and contact the Communications Team who can respond on your behalf. Do not respond yourself.

A lot of what this policy says is commonsense. So for example, it wasn't a good idea for a Lambeth Press Officer to post that: "my solutions for supporting the High Road mostly involve napalm”.  He was sacked. As we know in Haringey, he would have been well advised to use instead some neutral, descriptive and entirely inoffensive term like "War Zone" - employed by Director Lyn Garner. 

A further constraint is that any posting would probably need prior consultation with Cllr Gina Adamou who chairs the forum. Again this is normal practice in a fearful injelitant organisation like Haringey, where staff are expected to show fawning sycophancy to the powerful at all times.

As I've mentioned before on HoL, the system strongly resembles a "Big Man" mode of Governance. (Or to be fair, "Big Woman" too).  It's a Melanesian and Polynesian model adopted by Haringey Labour Group. (Read about it in Wikipedia.)

Anyway, Pav and Richard, why not try asking? You may get a perfectly helpful and informative reply.  If not you can always use the F.o.I Act and hope to get some small sliver of truth.

Fair enough, Pav.

So please let me go back to my original suggestion - that if people want to know, they email the seven councillors directly concerned. Three St Ann's, three Harringay, and Stuart McNamara the "cabinet" councillor.

As well as asking specifically about the Green Lanes regeneration, add your general proposal above for improved communication.

stuart.mcnamara@haringey.gov.uk

gina.adamou@haringey.gov.uk

emine.ibrahim@haringey.gov.uk

james.ryan@haringey.gov.uk

barbara.blake@haringey.gov.uk

peter.morton@haringey.gov.uk

aligul.ozbek@haringey.gov.uk

Great email Pav.

Reasonably stated case, Pav. I look forward to reading the reply/ies. 

I saw Emine and Seema in the Beehive today. I suspect they're all just busy planning campaigning for HWG. I expect a normal service to return next June.

Or could they perhaps have been comparing notes on hairdressers? Or gigs they recently went to?  Or possibly the appalling anti-union campaign against Julie Davies and the NUT?  I don't know, of course.

Afterwards, Emine walked round to our house nearby. To save you having to speculate, I'll tell you that we talked a bit about her mum's great cooking. And about Reverend Paul Nicolson's successful case in the Supreme Court and his current campaign on the bloated Court fees which Haringey claims. We're very proud that he asked Zena and me to sign the Taxpayers Against Poverty  request for a Council Deputation.

Read about it here. (The cases; not the cooking.)

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service