Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Cant believe you're up for online award & you wont come on Twitter ;)

Views: 269

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks again, Seema, and thanks too for support from Liz and other people.

Although shortlisted I didn't get the prize. But I can tell you it went to an excellent choice - Torbay councillor Alison Hernandez. Zena and I met her before the awards were announced and had a long chat about the work she's done. Alison fizzes with ideas and uses her online work as part of her local community organising. She told me that she doesn't blog, but instead is active on local websites; using them as a way of encouraging people to get together and solve off-line problems.

Alison has some great ideas for using online sites to assist the planning process. And also for getting older and younger people together. Someone to watch.

We also met a lovely lady, Cllr Joan Barton from Sheffield, a long-serving councillor, who got a special award for outstanding contribution to Local Government.

(879 characters and not a single wasted comma.)

((Hugs)) U sound like your on cloud 9!! If you were on Twitter, you wouldve won!! :P x

Congrats for making to shortlist, my job is actually running youth awards for young people & its just truly a magical experience. If we invested more money in praise & recognition of all people, so much more postivity can be achieved

Next year... MBE? :P x

Well Done Alan! 

To get that far really is an acheivement in itself!

I take my glasses off to you

well done alan stanton

Well done Alan!

Well done Alan - hope it was a great night for you and treating the Mrs as well ?
Andy

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service