Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

A peaceful march has been organised for Saturday 2nd August at 2pm, starting out from Ducketts Common opposite Turnpike Lane Tube station and ending with a rally opposite the Haringey Civic Centre in Wood Green High Road.

Keith Flett, secretary of the Haringey TUC trade union said: “This is about human rights, it is about justice, it is about stopping the killing of civilians, including children.

“There is a significant anger in the borough about what is happening in Gaza and we want to see that turned into something practical- collecting for and sending medical aid.”

Views: 1721

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is the problem, people who actually want peace are being marginalised on all sides and those who just want to fan the hatred which already exists are making the most noise. You either believe in peace or you believe in a continuation of the status quo. There will only be peace when BOTH sides decide that they cannot live like this anymore. If you ignore the fact that Hamas are part of the problem then you condemn the Palestinians to more suffering at the hands of Israel and their own leaders.
Hammas will lose strength when there is a semblance fairness and justice issued and they will gain strength when Multiple collective punishment results in thousands dying like recently and a fascist occupation in control of Palestine continues.

Israel should be economically boycotted like Putin is by the UK. Hopefully labour will act when in power.

I thought this photo might 'provoke' some interest!

Attachments:
A bizarre ultra-orthodox sect named Neturei Karta. They're not representative of Jews, in fact most Jews are disgusted by their views about the Holocaust. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6171503.stm
I have also seen a photo of these people giving neo-nazi salutes at Anti-Israel protests. Not a nice bunch but thankfully very few in number.

Hi Hanna

How would you dismiss the voice of Hajo Meyer?

I wouldn't, why do you assume that I would? I don't agree with him, but I don't dismiss him. Rather him than the fringe lunatics I always see wheeled out at these rallies whose pictures are splattered all over the place. These guys are not my people: 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service